July 14th, 1957

I heard the door burst open and Paul ran into the living room where I was reading a book.

"Guess what!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I was confused.

"I ran into John on the street today."

"And?"

"He invited me to his house and I taught him guitar chords, since he knew mostly banjo chorfs, and I taught him so many other different things about music! Until his Aunt Mimi kicked us out for playing too loud." Paul scratched the back of his head.

"That's great Paul!" I replied.

"He even wants me to join the Quarrymen!" Paul said wide-eyed.

I got up from my chair and hugged him, "I'm so happy for you Paulie!"

"I have my first gig tomorrow night, you wanna come?" He asked.

"Sure!" I smiled and hugged him again.

*~*~*

I stood in the crowd of the Cavern Club and waited for Paul to come on stage. When they finally came out everyone cheered.

I clapped my hands and yelled out Paul's name.

John said a few words and then introduced Paul.

"May I present to you, Paul McCharmly!"

I laughed a bit and saw that Paul looked a bit annoyed, "Thanks John, kind words."

He then started to count off the next song.

Paul started off with a little guitar solo.

John kept looking over at him during the song and he looked a bit jealous. Serves him right for underestimating Paul.

*~*~*

After the show I went backstage and found Paul and John.

"Is this your bird, Paul? You never introduced me to her," John gave me a smile.

"No, she's not my bird," Paul said in a disgusted tone, "She's my little sister." Paul emphasized the little part. I scoffed.

"What's your name then darling?" John winked and looked down at me. I saw Paul cross his arms.

"D-diana." I stuttered and blushed.

He grinned, "I'm John."

I giggled, "I know."

Paul then intruded the conversation.

"Well, it's getting late. We all better get going home." Paul grabbed me by my arm, took his guitar case and we went outside to wait for the bus. John followed and so did a few other boys.

We all got on the bus and sat in the far back. I sat on the inside of a seat while Paul sat on the outside.

Paul then muttered something to a younger kid beside him. He looked familiar to me. I think I've seen him around with Paul at school, but he's also been in a few of my classes.

"This is George," Paul said to John, "He's a mate of mine. He should really be in the group."

John sat up, "He should be in bed."

"Nah, I've been to bed. I couldn't sleep." He was pretty funny as well...And again, cute.

"Go on George, show him," Paul handed his guitar to George and George started to play a little tune. He was really good! And for a kid my age, only 14!

I gazed at him across the bus seats.

His stern, brown eyes looked down at his fingers. His hair blew in the wind that came from the open windows.

John took a drag of his cigarette and nodded.

George was for sure in the group.

They needed a good lead guitarist to tie together The Quarrymen. I know Paul was good, but George was fantastic!

By the time George was done playing, it was mine and Paul's stop.

They all said goodbye, even John.

"See ya' later Paul...And Diana," he said in a lower tone while I followed behind Paul.

When the bus drove away Paul turned to me. He looked angry.

"Don't get caught up with John, Diana," the look in his eyes scared me a bit.

"What do you mean?"

"Look, he's reckless. He steals, he drinks, he gets around...with women I mean. And he cheats on 'em."

I looked down at my feet.

Paul sighed, "I just don't want you falling for him. I know his "charming" as every girl on the street says, but your my little sister, and he's one of my best mates now. Don't do it."

I nodded and went inside. Paul followed me upstairs.

"Goodnight Diana," he called.

I looked back at him and closed my bedroom door.

I didn't even know if I for sure liked John. He was charming, like Paul said, but I did know he was reckless.

I'd like to go for someone a bit more calm. Caring. Someone like...George.

He got good grades in school and he mostly kept to himself.

I'd go for a boy like him.

That's what I want.

That's who I want...

I want George Harrison.

-
-
-
Again, some dialogue from Nowhere Boy.
I hope you liked this chapter!💕