June 18th, 1957

"Happy birthday Paulie! You're officially a year older than me again!" I jumped on Paul's bed to wake him up.

It was true. Paul was 15 today and I was still 14. My birthday is on April 17th, 1943.

He then always laughs when it's my birthday and I'm the same age as him.

"Just wait until April, then you'll be 15 too," he mumbled in his pillow.

"What would you like for yoir speacial birthday breakfast?" I asked him.

"Hmm...Pancakes and bacon?"

"Coming right up!" I pushed up off of the bed and skipped downstairs to make breakfast.

*~*~*

About half an hour later Paul finally got his ass out of bed and came downstairs for breakfast. My father and Mike later joined.

"Thank you again for breakfast," my father said.

"And once again, it was delicious," Paul added.

*~*~*

As I was going to sleep I heard Paul playing his guitar. I got out of bed and went to his room. He was humming away and putting Mike to sleep.

"Come on Paul, you need to get some sleep as well," I whispered.

"I will! Just a bit more," he kept strumming and I listened until he finally put his guitar down.

"Thank you for today Diana," he said, "It was really special. To bad mother isn't here to share it."

I choked up a bit and went over to hug him.

"I know Paul, but we'll be okay. I know it. And I know she's looking down on us and wishing you the very best birthday."

We both wiped our tears away and Paul got under his covers.

"Goodnight Paul, and happy birthday."

"Goodnight Diana." He smiled at me.

I turned the lights off and closed the door.

I wiped a few more tears away as I walked down the hallway into my room.

Picked up a photo of my mother and held it close to me as I fell asleep. I missed my mother more than anything in this entire world.

-
-
-
Short chapter, sorry😕