February 14th, 1958

I've talked to George on the phone every night since he asked me out.

It was amazing...

And tonight was the night of our first date. I was going to meet him at his house since he couldn't really pick me up at mine without Paul finding out.

I got into a nice, black dress, mid-thigh length. I then decided to curl my hair. I knew I was going to impress George.

I went downstairs slowly and heard Paul practicing.

"Paul, I'm going to Nancy's. I'll be back later!" I called.

"Okay," he replied.

I quickly snuck out before he asked anything else or saw me all "fancy."

*~*~*

I turned into George's front lawn from the sidewalk. I excitedly pranced up his doorstep and knocked.

George quickly came to the door and smiled when he saw me. I grinned back.

"You look...Beautiful," he nervously looked down at his feet and blushed.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I replied.

"Well, uh- come in. I just have to grab my jacket."

I stepped into the doorway and I was suddenly greeted by George's mother and father.

"Oh! You must be George's girlfriend Diana!" His mother exclaimed with a huge smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Harrison," I put out my hand to shake but she pulled me into a hug.

"Please dear, call me Louise," she came out of the hug, "And this is Harold."

"Pleasure to meet you finally, George has said so many nice things about you," he shook my hand.

"And you, Mr. Harrison, Harold?" I hesitated.

"Yes, you can call me Harold," he chuckled.

George then came back into our room.

"George, we were just getting to know your girlfriend Diana. She's a very nice girl," Louise said.

"She is," George agreed and smiled at me.

"Can you believe it Harold? Our little Georgie with a girlfriend," she looked as she was about to cry and gave a slight grin.

"Oh mom..." George rolled his eyes.

Harold took Louise, "You two better get going. Have a good time."

"Nice meeting you!" I called as we walked out the door, George quickly pulling me outside by the arm.

"They are so embarrassing sometimes," George mumbled.

"No, they're amazing. Your mother is so nice!"

He mumbled something again, he was so embarrassed.

I took his arm and walked next to him closely.

"It's okay Georgie," I mimicked his mother.

He looked down at me and smiled.

"I don't need another person calling me Georgie," he laughed.

"But I think it's cute, can I please call you Georgie?" I looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

He groaned, "Fine, only you...and I guess my mother..."

*~*~*

We arrived at a little restaurant close to the movie theatre and sat down at our table. George even pulled out my chair for me like a total gentleman.

As we looked at our menus I saw Nancy and her boyfriend Bobby come in.

"Nancy!" I called.

"Diana!" She ran over to me and hugged me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I wanted to go out on a date, like you and George here, and Bobby, for once, agreed!" She exclaimed, "But I didn't know you guys were coming here too!"

"Do you want to sit with us?" I hesitated and turned to George, "Is it okay if they sit with us?"

He smiled, "Sure."

We pulled another small table together with ours and sat down. I was next to George and Nancy was across from me with Bobby.

*~*~*

We all got our food and started to eat.

Bobby was a complete pig, food was flying off his plate and he kept burping. George and I were disgusted but Nancy didn't seem to notice. She just kept taking and laughing.

I always wondered why Nancy went out with him. He was a few years older than us and a popular guy in school. But he was rude and careless about everything, especially when it came to Nancy.

"So George," Bobby burped again, "I hear you're in a band?"

"Yeah, that's right," George grinned.

"What a waste of time," Bobby stated. He took some food off of Nancy's plate and stuffed it in his mouth.

George glared at him, "It's not a waste of time, it's great."

"Bands are stupid. Losers only join them because they can't get chicks without playing a fancy guitar."

George was starting to get angry now. I squeezed George's hand tightly to try and clam him down.

"I know this is none of my business, and no offense to you Nancy," George started to say, "But Bobby... I think you're the loser if you're dating a girl 3 years younger than you..."

I tried to not laugh at George's remark, but it really was funny... and true.

He must be picking up his 'smartass' comebacks from John.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Bobby gritted through his teeth.

"Did I not make myself clear?" George added, digging himself into a deeper hole.

Before I knew it Bobby stood up and punched George in the face.

Nancy and I gasped.

George threw a punch back and then Bobby pushed him to the floor.

George tried to fight back but couldn't, Bobby was a jock and at least 6 feet tall. George couldn't do anything.

"Get off of him!" I cried while Nancy was trying to pull Bobby away.

After a couple more seconds Bobby finally stopped and stepped away.

"I hope you've learned your lesson," Bobby said as he took Nancy out of the restaurant.

"Oh my god, George!" I cried as I kneeled next to him on the floor. His nose and mouth were bleeding pretty bad.

I tried to help him up but pushed me away from helping him.

"Let's just go to the movie," he mumbled, wiping some blood away.

"No George, I need to get you home!"

"No! My mother will flip out and treat me like a baby for the next week!"

"Then I'm bringing you back to my house, we have to get you cleaned up," I tried to lead him out.

"Let's just go to the movie," he argued.

"No George..."

"Come on Diana! I'm okay, I'm fine!" He kept arguing.

"No George!" I yelled.

He looked at me wide-eyed and stopped.

"We need to clean you up..." I said again.

He didn't say anything else and let me take him to my house.

-
-
-
Yay! A long chapter!💜💙