Chapter 33 - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong sweetheart?" His forehead furrowed in worry.

"We can't be doing this Abhi. We-we are hosting a party. For people from work. Y-you...you were...Abhi this is not okay."

The tension in his body left when he heard her words. His beautiful wife was still an innocent. Even after he had made love to her for what seemed like a million times.

After the first time, he'd been careful to not over exert her for the next few days. But it was tough because she was like a cat in heat, he had unleashed something in her, and she needed them to be together. He remembered laying next to her at night, trying not to initiate anything, wanting her to rest, when he found her shy hand reach for him. The rest was...well it was history.

So she was feeling shy about PDA. It was time to fix that.

He walked upto her slowly, as if she was a little deer, who would scurry away from him.

"Sweetheart." He whispered, with heat in his eyes.

"No...Abhi..." she whispered in turn pleading.

"Siya...I know you need this as much as I do. Why are you denying us both this?"

"I told you. There are people outside Abhi. We invited them. They will know we are missing. They will...Abhimanyu I said no." She said firmly and he came to a halt.

Okay, he thought. If this was what she wanted.

*
"Abhi." She tapped at his shoulder as he feigned sleep.
He felt her sit-up and the next thing he knew he was on his back looking up at her, as she leaned over him, her eyebrows knitting together in agitation. She was wearing a sheer lacy lingerie that left almost nothing to imagination. She had started wearing them once they consummated their marriage. They'd been together almost every night since that time. He wanted nothing more than to pull her on top of him and pull the poor excuse of nightwear off of her. But he held his ground, staring up at the ceiling instead of looking at her beautiful face.

"Abhi come on, you are acting like a child now. There were people outside, everyone would have know what we were doing if we both went missing for so long." She said, running a finger along his bicep.

He didn't respond and ignored his body's response to her touch.

He understood where she came from and why she wasn't up for some quick loving while the guests were still at home. But something about her reaction hurt him on a deeper level. It was just...he didn't know why he was so upset about her denying him, but he just was. He was also a little scared about finding out why he was so upset, so he wanted to cool off a little before he could interact with her again. They were in such a good place right now, everything was so perfect that it scared him to dwell on this nagging feeling that he was missing something. Instead he wanted to ignore it, till the feeling went away.

"Abhi...we can do it now. Let's have $ex and let it be water under the bridge." She said, running her hand over his hair.

He stiffened. Suddenly he knew why he was upset.

It was the way she talked about their marital relationship. So impersonal, so methodical. She never called it 'making love'. It was just $ex. There were few other things as well.

She refused to show affection in public. The number of times she had denied having lunch with him, pulled her hand away when he held it in the breakroom, pulled away too quickly when he tried to pull her into a hug when a meeting was over, turned her face when he went to kiss her on the lips just outside her cabin. It was not just that she was shy about people watching them, it seemed to be something else. He had no idea what it was and it frustrated him. It was like they were some dirty little secret, when they were in truth husband and wife and everyone knew about this. What was there to hide?