Imagine Emmett and you breaking up

Emmett knew they hit a rough patch but he didn't think it would come to this.

Emmett had been having troubles controlling his hunger around (y/n), which lead Edward to believe she was his blood singer.

After learning how to control his hunger around her Emmett had asked her on a date, everything was going good.

Dates between the two were romantic but also the funniest, they became the it couple around Forks, High and girls and boys envied the pair.

It hadn't been until (y/n) caught Emmett lip locked with his ex girlfriend Rosalie who had left him and ran off with her true mate.

(Y/n) felt hurt, beyond hurt actually.

Her heart felt heavy, she could hear it pounding clearly in her chest.

And so could Rosalie and Emmett who both pulled away and looked towards her.

Her eyes were wide and she just stared at them both, her mouth agap but no sound came out.

"(Y/n)...", Emmett whispers out breathlessly.

She didn't speak, she just turned around and sat down on the couch in the Cullen's living room.

Rosalie had excused herself from the house and left off to her true mate who had been waiting outside in his car for her, Emmett had to face this alone.

"Say something, please?", Emmett never begged, he sounded so helpless, so little.

Something he never was.

Still even after he begged she hadn't spoken, it wasn't until a month later that (y/n) had visited the Cullen's randomly and sat down on the couch beside Emmett that she had spoken.

"I- Emmett I can't do this anymore.", (y/n) starts.

"Emmett after what I say, I can't stand to be around you, much less look at you. That hurt me, not just emotionally but psychically. My heart hurt and when I got home that night I had to be rushed to the hospital. I was having a panick attack.", (y/n) says.

"I'm so sorry.", Emmett whispers out, he didn't know what to say. He didn't know that him and Rosalie kissing would hurt her and him this badly. He wished he could explain to her that Rosalie was kissing him goodbye and it wasn't romantic or anything between them both.

But he couldn't.

Emmett couldn't bring himself to even explain.

"We need a break Emmett. Not just a break but we need to not be together, period.", (y/n) says.

"For how long?", whispers Emmett.

"Forever.", (y/n) whispers back in reply.