Chapter 14

Miles POV

Twisting and turning, eyes closing then opens again.
I let out a grunt as I sit up on my bed.
The scene keeps on replaying in my mind and its not helping me to fall asleep. I touch my lips, unaware that I am already smiling. I blinked and shook my head.

Why am I feeling this way?

"Oh God, please let me sleep." I plead and lay again in bed, closing my eyes under my duvet.

Untill finally, my conscious drifted.

*******

The lack of sleep is evident in my eyes but I didn't care. All I need is a coffee that will help me energize in my state today.

I startled when I heard a knock on my door, for the first time, I looked at myself in the mirror twice, being conscious all of a sudden of how do I look. Tucking my wavy brown hair behind my ears neatly, I let out a deep sigh, I grab my things and headed to the door.

I opened it and quickly catch those mesmerizing blue eyes staring at me, I took a sharp breath when he pulled my waist closer to him and gave me a lingering kiss.
What a fascinating way to start my morning. Again, I feel like drowning by this wonderful sensation, I was shocked by his sudden pace but willingly returned the kiss as I close my eyes. We pulled away and he gave me a sweet smile.

"Just to confirm I wasn't dreaming last night." He said with a husky voice and I laughed. By our closeness, I can see that he didn't slept well also last night. Looks fair to me.

"You had trouble with your sleep last night, had you?" I asked fighting the urge to smile.

"Yeah." He whispered. "Because reality is better now than my dreams." He said sincerely that left me speechless.

"Coffee?" He asked when I didn't reply. I blinked and focused through his blue eyes striking beyond my soul.

"Coffee." I answered and gave him my sweetest smile.

***

A month later....

Tables with chairs are scattered around our lawn along with balloons and the smell of sweet foods dominantly lingers in the atmosphere. Some loud voices mostly laughters and unidentified series of conversations hang in the air with kids spread in the venue busy playing around.
It's Matthew's birthday celebration today and Terrence's parents we're here with his younger sister. This is actually the first time meeting them giving the news of the status between Terrence and I.

They have been busy for the past couple of weeks with waves of projects so we didn't have time to unite with them until now.

Terrence simply explained to them what led us to finally start dating. They we're shocked at first about the scene of Harold and Terrence fighting that led to a confession but overtime, their worried face vanished as he showed his happiness taking chance on me. Laughters filled the atmosphere as Jenna and Tom started to leash stories about Terrence having crush on me. I was so amused and surprised getting to know this far and Terrence is the only one not enjoying it. His face showing scowl the whole time.

"I swear, he was rehearsing before on confessing to you in front of the mirror and I caught him. Truth be told, that never happen." Jenna said followed by her laugh.

"I was actually not proud sometimes and cannot accept the fact that he is a real coward when it comes to you." His dad said and Terrence grunted in frustration, I laughed. It always shows that he got his childish attitude with his dad.

"Can you blame me?" He muttered and his parents just wave a hand at him and laugh.

"So I think I won for the bet then?" Her sister spoke with a grin, Terrence and I shared a confuse look. His parents 

exchanged a smug look and gave her a hundred bucks.

Terrence growled. "What is the bet this time?" He asked in annoyance.

"Well, I told them that you will eventually confess this year and they still don't believe about you having bravery this time." Terrence's mouth opened in shock.
"But I don't really feel victorous at all knowing that it was revealed, accidentally, and that makes you, still a coward. You made me dissappointed, big brother." Lauren said emotionless shaking his head in disbelief and hand over the fifty bucks back to her parents.