Chapter 5

Miles' POV

We are on our way to dad's office to discuss about our first project. I am driving and my sister is beside me having phone conversation with her boyfriend.
Oh god, they are so obsess with each other.

I'm feeling nervous as we enter the building, and I dont know why. Taking a deep sigh, I ignored that thought behind.

Everyone greeted us courteously and mom, was talking in the phone when we got there in her desk, she hugged us but continued talking on the phone, we waited patiently until she's done.

"Okay, you can go meet your dad. He's done with his skype meeting." She told us as she finished talking through the phone.

We entered the office and dad stand up as he greet us.
We take a seat in front of him looking at the folder he's holding. Im excited and nervous at the same time. Will it be a big project? Or something basic? It doesn't matter.

"Ok, so, since this will be your first project, together also, I want you to start a simple one." He handed us the folder and as we look at it, its just a picture of land with its detailed measures and some needed information to start a design plan. Its really huge area.

My sister and I shared a confused look then back to dad.

"It will be a house, a mansion actually."

We both nodded. Its a good thing though, we can start simple.

"Who is the client? Are you also going to discuss about the details on exactly what he wants it to be?" Ora asked.

Before dad could answer, there was a knock on the door and it opened after.

My heart skips a beat as we stare eye to eye and my world seems to stop. Standing there looking so uneffortly gorgeous with his green eyes so bright and his smile that shows his sinful dimples.
Its Harold. I felt my whole system weakens at the sight of him, cursing inside my head with my heart responding like a traitor.

I blinked a couple of times to recover myself and confused again.
He is the client??

"Good afternoon, I'm sorry, I'm late. There was a problem in the hotel a while ago before I headed here." He explained as he move closer.

"Dad? What is happening here??" Ora asks dad with confuse look and annoyance visible in her face.

"He's the client. You both know him right? Is there something wrong? Miles told me that they ended up as friends already? So when he came to me about his plan for this, I thought about the two of you. Because this is a good start for you." Dad explained and my heart felt like being crushed with his explanation. I never told him we ended up as friends. I just told him we break up but its a mutual decision. I feel like crying, unable to find courage to talk. I dont know if I should hate dad for being so insensitive with this situation. Sometimes, he thinks I'm too strong on my own and forgots that I am also a human with feelings and the betrayal of my heart is still not stopping at the moment.
Ora looked at me with concern face.

"Is there something I should know?" Dad asked back drifting his eyes to both Ora and me. Behind the emotions inside me, I plastered a blank face not letting them now how much I am hurting.

"No, there is nothing wrong. I am just surprised. But I think we can take it from here, dad." I managed to say without making my voice tremble.

Dad looked at his watch.

"Anyway. I'm finished actually at informing them about their first project which is gonna be your house Harold. You can go to the board room, the three of you so you can discuss about them about your plans. We already talked about it so better discuss with them also. I have an appointment outside in an hour so I will get going."

*
Ora held my hand as we sat on the board room. I gripped her hand tighter like she was my wall keeping me steady  as I am close enough from breaking all my guards down. I remained silent staring at the picture of the land, but not focused on it.

"Harold, what the hell are you doing?" I heard my sister asked, irritation in her voice.

I heard him take a deep sigh.

"I want your sister back. Please, this is stupid but its the only way to see her. She got me blocked everywhere. From your condominium's security, I cant reach her through phone, I'm going insane."

Before my sister could answer, I met his gaze and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I need your preferences." I replied, my face impassive.
His brows furrowed, confusion shows in his features.
"I need your preferences or concepts, regarding about the house." I said again maintaining the blank face I'm showing.
Pain came across his face after I finished.
"This is our first project, I want to be professional enough and treat you appropriately as our client. Now, since the first step will be in my hands regarding the designs and plans, I need your preferences. How you want it to be."

We held each other's gaze, suddenly, anger fills in my heart as I remember vividly the reason of my heartbreak. With that, our gaze held still, my eyes staring his intensely, not wanting to break anytime.
He blinked and looked down for a minute breaking our eye contact. In an instance, our eye contact were on once again.
"Three storey, with 5 bedrooms, the land area is nearby a beautiful lake so I want the windows mostly glasses for the serene view and designs thats embodies nature so I think some kind of woods as exterior walls will be perfect. Im thinking of the theme "calmness and enjoyment". A fireplace on the living room and then outside, I want a simple yet elegant cabana that will fit perfectly facing the lake." He explained his gaze never broke from mine.
This time, I dropped the contact as I concentrate on taking notes about the things he just said.
"Is that all?"

"If I happen to have some add ons on my reference, can I call you or meet you?" He asked, determined but nervous is readable in his expression.
My sister gave her phone number to the rescue.
"This is my number, you can tell me, then I will tell to my sister about the things you wanted, for the house." Ora emphasizing the reason.

"By the way, we would like to see the land personally. It will be a bigger help. Is it far from here?" My sister asked our hands still holding, my grip still tighter than her.
A smile formed in his lips and his features soften as he answered.
"No, its not far from here. Maybe almost an hour. Do you want to go?"

My sister looked at me waiting for me to response. I was hesitant for a moment but I was thinking that if we can start as early as possible working out on this project, it will end sooner.

"Lets go."

****

We we're following his car my sister is now driving, I close my eyes in the passenger seat next to her and heave a sigh so loud feeling my body released the different emotions that I held so long in front of him.

"He made his biggest mistake in his whole life the moment he broke your heart. I want to punch him for you but seeing him realize things about it, I'm satisfied and enjoying watching the torture he's feeling that is so visible in every features of him." I opened my eyes and look at my sister her focused on the driveway, appreciating her words of comforts. I felt at ease.

"Thank you for breaking the cliche of every evil step sister in every movies that I've watched." I said in a small smile and she chuckled loudly.

"Your sense of humour is really surprising everytime." She said as her chuckled slowly fading.

We continued the drive in a comforting silence.

**

The view of the lake is breath taking, the surrounding so peaceful. Nature embracing the land where the house will be built. Its perfect. I smiled bitterly. This is our dreamhouse, a house nearby a lake.

"I have taken enough pictures. Thanks for showing us. We'll get going." I heard my sister said snapping me back in reality as iIwas amazed by the place. In a second, I let her grab my hand as we walk to the car.

As I open the car door, his hand immediately stopped me. My sister already inside the car. I faced him bravely ignoring his closeness,  just a few inches away from his.

"Let's talk. Please." His eyes field with pleas. 

My silence remained composing the words to say but I found none. I removed his hands and opened the door once again, this time, he did not stop. Ora started the engine and we drove away.

We got stuck in the traffic on the way home. As we are nearing our condo. I was shocked by the car behind us. It parked suddenly and Harold came out from it. Ora saw it too, her reaction the same. She parked a few meters away from his car.

"What the freak is he doing here! This guy is unbelievale!" Ora yelled irritation in her tone.

We we're about to get out from the car when we saw Terrence entered the scene and doubled our shock as he threw a punch to Harold.