Chapter 12

Terrence's POV

5AM

"Come on Miles, its not even a half kilometer yet." I shouted at her so she can hear me through our distance. I usually run about 2 miles minimum every weekends morning and play basketball alone sometimes. During weekdays, I just do simple work out at my mini gym in my unit before taking my bath. Its just that exercise or working out is already part of my daily routine.

Her hands on her knees, panting lightly but no sweat yet. She's wearing a dark blue tank top paired with a black running capris and a jogging shoes. I'm wearing a black sleeveless underarmour hoodie paired with a black seamless shorts and a basketball shoes. I have a sackpack that contain my big tumbler for water and a towel.

"Ok..." breath in, breath out "Ok..." And she straightened up to catch up with me while I waited for her. I can't help but laugh when she's a few inches away already and put her hands on her hips looking at me, still panting.

"Are you sure you can do this?" I asked concerned somehow.

"Yes, ofcourse, I can do it. Its fun." She said but her expression looks the opposite.

I can't help but smile because I know and I can feel that she's trying. And honestly, I'm so glad she's here with me. I was surprised earlier because she was already at my door at the exact time I told her last night and this is the first time she's joining me with my workout routine. I actually didn't expect that she'll come this far and I didn't even hear her complain about anything. But I don't really wanna see her like this. I know she doesn't like exercise.

"Come on, hope in." I said, as I turn around and bend my knee to offer her a piggy back ride. I moved my sackpack to my front.

With in few seconds, I felt her arms gently on my shoulders, her legs around my waist, I took that signal to hold her legs to support her.

"You think I'll refuse it? Huh? Nu-uh." She said with a soft giggle. The vibration of her laugh, I felt on my back, it sends electric shocks all over my veins. Her face near on my side as she lean closer, I can hear her ragged breaths, I know she's tired already.

I straightened up and walk normally. His weight feels like a feather in my back. I feel comfort being this close to her.

"I know you won't say no." I replied, she giggled again.

"You use to carry me like this when we we're kids."

"Yeah, coz you weigh like a feather at that time but now, oh! You're so heavy like a pig." I exaggerated as I laugh and I receive a slap on my shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?" I played numb.

"I'm not a pig!" Her tone was childish and I find it so cute.

"Okay, but you're close to it, coz you don't workout or exercise." Ofcourse I was just teasing her. She's sexy and beautiful effortless, or maybe I'm just too crazy about her.

She was silent for a moment, I was smirking. Will her confidence fall?

"I'm confident I'm not fat. No more arguing about my figure." She said with pride dropping the topic and I can't help but chortle.

"I'll ask you a weird question." She was hesitant.

"Ok, shoot it."

"But, don't think it will be kind of a childish, ok? Let's just say its just a purely weird question." She sounds defensive.
I laughed with that. It seems that she don't want to act childish but its already obvious she's breaking her rules, and I'm loving her thoughts.

"Miles, what is the question?" I asked, my voice sounds serious. I heard her take a deep sigh.

"Hmm..If I was a stranger, and you just met me for the first time, what would be your first impression of me?" She finally asked.

I was fighting a laugh again, that's a really weird question though, because we've known each other eversince. But its a good one. I was thinking, what would it be?

"My first impression would be..well, you're kind of a really intimidating woman, smart, sophisticated and a classy one." I answered nodding. Yeah, I think that would be it, and its actually the truth also.

"But will you talk to me? I mean, will you like me?" She asked again reluctantly, her voice was low.