Chapter 16

Miles' POV

Its 10am in the morning and I just woke up. Good thing its holiday today. I took a pill for my headache and I am in my hot tub right now, thinking...
Replaying what happened last night. I closed my eyes.

"I love you Miles." His eyes we're full of affection, yearning. Powerfully spoken, I felt my walls shattered into million pieces.

I opened my eyes again after that scene echoed through my mind.
The sun slightly striking in the windows, giving additional warmth, I curled myself and hug my legs as I settle my chin on my knee. I was interrupted when I heard a knock.

"Come in."

Ora opened the door and took a deep sigh as she came closer and sat on the bathroom floor leaning to the wall facing me. She didn't talk yet, but scrutinizing my state. I didn't meet her gaze, just looking at the bubbles on my tub.

"So, I guess it didn't end well last night?"

I heave a sigh but didn't look at her.

"He said the L word." I whispered but just enough for her to hear.

"I froze hearing those words from him, I..I didn't know what to do. I can't say it back. I don't know. I really don't know what to say. It caught me off guard. I wasn't ready to hear it." I stammered and my loneliness permeated in my tone as I tell her.

"I feel suddenly confused, not certain yet if I'm really falling inlove with him or if I totally moved on from Harold already." I continued and finally met her eyes.

She nods in understanding.

A moment of silence hung between us.

"What are you going to do now?" She asked me afterwards.

"I need time, to clear up my mind. To evaluate myself and to give certain name to these feelings so I can make up with a decision. I've never been so confused like this. I'm feeling, lost."

I felt her caress my back. She didn't need to say a word, because all I need is someone who'll listen and that is enough.

"I'm just here, Miles." She smiled a little, and I return it with a sad one.

**

Three days after.

Ora and I are on our way to the office building. She's driving and I'm looking out at the window.

He didn't call or text since that night. I haven't seen him too.

"I called him the other night." Ora spoked and I looked at her.

"I went to his unit but he wasn't there so I called him. I didn't had the chance to tell him that you need some space because he said first he'll keep distant, for now."
She waited for me but I didn't say anything so she continued instead.

"He's actually going to be really busy since another project was given to him and now he's doing two of them. His also doing visits to some of the other projects their company have for monitoring." I just nodded.

"But he said he didn't regret saying the L word to you." With that, she parked the car and turned off the engine.

We got off and made our way to the building.

"His voice was really sad though."

I opened the door and we entered our office. I settled my things on my table and took my seat.

"Come on Miles, let me help you evaluate your feelings." I looked at her puzzled because there was sarcasm in her voice.

"Aurora, let's not talk about it right now, please?" I managed to say calmly. I turn on my computer to start working.

"You know what, I really thought this was okay, having your space, to think if you already feel the same way about him. But when I called him, I can't help it but to feel sorry for him. He sounds so forlorn. He's the most patient guy in the world always waiting for you. But here you are who wants to take some time evaluating your feelings? Come on Miles, make up your mind sooner. He's also my friend and I don't want to see him like that." Her face shows anger but controlling not to burst out. I know she's just balancing her concern between Terrence and I.

And now, that made me felt guilty and yes I know, it was selfish.
The tension between us cut off by a phone call. She answered it and an exchange of conversation was made.

"Ok, I'm on my way." With that, the call ended. I watch her gather her things when she faced me before leaving.