"I'm goanna go back to my dorm room." I take an excuse to get out of the new conversation topic. I didn't feel comfortable telling anyone else but Julia what I had seen. I wouldn't want to learn from gossip and rumors that my boyfriend slept with one of my best friends.

            I walked back up the stairs to the second floor. We'd been hanging around the first floor, wandering aimlessly around the empty halls. By this time of day most of the kids had gone out to town or were held up in their rooms. I heard Julia speaking on the phone, so I put my ear up to the door.

            "Really? You were first place? That's amazing! No, I didn't know that. Amazing. You did! Okay, you can give the phone back to mom. Oh, she is? Okay. I'll talk to you later. Bye!" I heard the click of the end of the phone call. I was guessing that was her little sister, Bella.

            I opened the door and saw her laid out on the bed. Her face was covered by her pink fluffy pillows. I silently closed the doors. I tiptoed over to her bed and sat next to her.

            "You okay?"

            "Oh god!" She was startled and almost fell off the bed. I laughed at her, I guess sometimes I am too quiet for my own good.

            "Sorry." I laugh more at her. She was giving me the unhappy pout. But I knew she was only joking around with me, like a real best friend would.

            "Your like a cat or something! I can't see you coming! You could be, like, the best spy in the world!" Haha, if only you knew.

            "Haha." I nervously laugh.

            "I just got a call from my little sister, Bella." She sits with her legs crossed, holding the fluffy pink pillow that had been covering her face earlier.

            "Really?"

            "Yeah. She's a beauty pageant girl. She just finished her latest pageant winning first place. She's the best the best!"

            "Wow, that's cool."

            "Yeah, I was one myself, you know. I won almost every pageant I was in. I stopped after some girl broke my arm in a fight over the crown at nationals. You can't win the talent portions with a broken arm. I miss it sometimes. It was always so much fun."

            "I wish my parents had let me do that when I was little." I really didn't.

            "I know right? It's so much fun." Actually it isn't. I had this thing about those stupid pageants. I hated the fact that those girls grew up thinking that they had to wear makeup and dress in slutty outfits to be pretty. Some of those girls even sleep in corsets so they can achieve a figure that they wouldn't get till puberty. Their parents put them on restricted diets and they never did real kid stuff. I know that I must be rambling beyond control, but it's true. I was glad that she had gotten out of the pageant game before she grew up, it would've ruined her view on the world even more greatly.