Chapter 52: Gone Girl

Start from the beginning

"So you're going to marry a real prince?! you're like Kate Middleton but with a crown already. Wait, if it's arranged then.....have you met him once or ever before, since your mom knew the prince's mother I mean." I could feel the heat raise to my cheeks. Why oh why did Nikki have to be so nosey, couldn't she just let it be. I notice that the others are alot quieter than I expect. I avoided Jake and Craig's glances, Roc seemed to have been completely in awe and totally out of it, while Nikki and Ray were anything but quiet. "I've known the prince since I was little, our mothers felt that even if it was an arragned marriage that we should at least be able to act as a couple so as not to run the risk of a falling about between us and the treaty. And before you say it Nikki, I know him well, he's a good guy and an excellent ball room dance partner." I said honestly, still studying my hands. "Who this prince of your B?" Prodigy finally spoke up asking, quite bitterly at that. He knows, I could tell by the look on his face is isn't the least bit happy. I honestly hate this all of this. "Craig it's not what you think, sure Prince and I have none each other for a long time but you know how I feel about you. Jake....Jake and I didn't have a choice with how our lives were going to turn out. It's just how life is, please....." I begged, the salty water welling up in my eyes. Craig storms away without another word. The door slammed shut behind him with a loud SLAM. 

Why can't they just understand that I'm doing this to protect them. Sure packing my bags and springing this on them might not have been the best way to go about all this but....I just didn't know what to do. It would have hurt them all alot more if I had just let things run it's course. I may have just lost my best friends in the world and the only guy that ever really liked me for who I am, my past and all and he never judged me, not once. The one person that believed that I could be someone other than "Diggy Simmons' little sister" and definately not someone who as  me as a future heir to a thrown. I know I hurt him by keeping this from him but I really do hope he forgives me, I can't think of life without him. 

"He'll be fine, I promise." Nikki said trying to make me feel somewhat better. Trey looked completely shocked about what just happened, both he and Ray seemed upset that I hadn't  told them either, but not nearly as much as  as Craig. Prince looked at me with concerning eyes. I knew what we was expecting but I wasn't just about to fall into his arms like that never just happened. How did things get like this? I might have just lost someone important to me because of all this. I think I heard my heart shatter when that door closed. I couldn't hold it back much longer. 

 "I'm sorry..." I'm able to mutter before running back to my room, forcing back the tears that are trying to escape. I close the door behind me and slide my back against the door. I curled up on the floor, hugging my knees, taking in sharp, heavy breaths, I felt as if I couldn't breath almost as if I was hyperventilating. I felt as if the air was trying to force itself out of my lungs with each breath. I just fall apart right there, sobbing. My eyes seemed to over flow with salty tears that trailed down my cheeks, hitting the floor like a heavy rainfall. I wiped away some of the stray tears running down my tear stained face, though it was little help because they just continued to fall, a never ending stream. I took in another sharp breath trying to calm myself down and try to breath normally. I sat there thinking if there was any chance of me fixing any of this but there wasn't. I stayed, locked in my room, on the floor for hours that night. Though I hadn't fallen asleep, I was too torn up and guilty inside to being to think about asleep.  it only meant that the tears had finally stopped long enough allowing me to clear my vision for the moment. It was late that night and I couldn't sit there anymore. I picked myself up, washed away any evidence that I had been crying the whole night and grabbed my suitcases, everyone was a sleep by the time I decided to leave. 

It wasn't much later that I found myself on the plane, looking through the window as we started to climb further and further into the clouds. This is really the end for me......no more being a regular girl, no more Brooke Anderson from this point on. Why couldn't I have a  normal life or at least a semi-normal life. That's all I every wanted and for a moment I had that and in the blink of an eye it's all gone. I suppose I was never born to have a normal life, to have a normal relationship, to be with someone that is in love with me and who I'm in love with. Is it honestly too much to ask for? well none of that matters anymore, arranged marriages aren't made for you to marry who you want. I take one last glimpse of the city lights on the ground below before we disappear into the clouds

I think back to my conversation with Nikki, I wish I had listened to her when I did.............

      "Are you positive that you're making this right choice? It may be your destiny but destiny can be re-written. I just want you to be happy and I think we all know who makes you happy." She said with a concerning look in her eyes. I sighed heavily knowning that she was right but this is what had to be done. This is my birth right I didn't make this choice, it was made for me and now I have the responsibility of carrying it out. "I know Nikki but..." She cut me off before I had a chance to finish, saying "No "buts" they both really care about you, don't play on their feelings." I looked at Nikki for a momemt , thinking about what she had just said. Is she right? am I toying with their feelings? "Nikki, this is Titianic and the ship has already sank. Rose had to let go of someone she cared about and make a new life with someone else that loved her maybe not as much but he loved her none the less. Even if Jack was still alive, it was a hard decision I think he would just want her to be happy. 

"Bitch you are not comparing this to Titanic. Jack died and even if he didn't, he would have still wanted her to be happy and live life. Neither of you is gonna freeze in the Atlantic in the middle of the night because the ship hit an ice cube the size of an island, anytime soon so I don't think that these two situations can be compared. You have to chose what you're going to do with your life. Don't end up looking back and wondering what if." I know she's right but she also knew as well as I do that my life has been planned out and I have a resposibility to uphold...........If only I had listened to her and told him before all of this happened.I should have told him now and not waited for never, it really did make everything alot worse. Things could have been different and now I really am left wondering what if?...................................................