[ arcade challenge ]

. . .

When was the last time both of the adults visited an arcade?

The wife couldn't recall properly, but the sight of an arcade burned her enthusiasm up. Surely, it was a place where youths and the norm spend their time. It's quite rare to see old couples wind up in an environment. There were mostly couples who like to compete against each other. 

Hence, one of those couples were MiYeon and Jin. 

Whilst waiting for MiYeon to purchase a card and fill the ticket with a limited amount, Jin has kept his attention at a certain claw machine. The machine was filled with obvious amounts of plushes. He wants to get one for himself and MiYeon. 

In MiYeon's mind, she wanted to compete against Jin on the basketball game. She wasn't a professional at being athletic or healthy in general, but she consumed what made her content and participated in events. 

Once she got the ticket, she ambled excitedly — with her toes tipping at each step and soft giggles against the loud arcade music. MiYeon jumped on Jin, slightly alarming the man out of his daze. 

"Watcha doing?" She inquired, raising her voice in order for Jin to listen. 

He points at the claw machine. She noticed his pouty lips. 

The wife did not question his choice and dragged him towards one of the claw machines. MiYeon had a feeling that he wanted the Mario Bros plush, despite having quite a collection back at home. 

Jin's pout transitioned into a wide grin. Excitement was evident in his body as he jumped up and down at the sight of the medium sized plush. 

"Swipe the card! Swipe the card!" Jin repeats and MiYeon eventually calms him down. 

When the machine responds to the card, Jin takes full control of the console. His eyes and focus are attentive towards one particular plush — the mushroom. With a calm heart and a quiet wife, he hovers the control to the plush beside the opening. 

It should be easy, he thought. 

As the claws grab ahold of the plump mushroom, Jin's exhales become heavy and fast. The claws grab tightly onto the surface of the plush, its body floating off the bottom. 

With high expectations and little movement of the claw, Jin expects the plush to be dropped. 

Unfortunately, not even five seconds has passed and the plush bounces back on the bottom. 

"Aw! That was a close move." Jin pouts in dismay and glances at his wife with puppy-like eyes. His purpose was for MiYeon to swipe the card once more. 

"I admit you have skills in gaming. I'll give you four more tries to get that mushroom, despite having tons of plushes at home." MiYeon remarks whilst shaking her head. 

Jin cheekily smiles when she swipes the card. 

On his second, third and fourth attempt, he failed. Jin didn't give up and calmed his racing heart. He had balled his fingers and anticipated for the plush to go through.

At the fifth attempt, he won the mushroom plush. He jumped up and down ecstatically and hugged his wife from mere contentment. She was happy that he got what he wanted too and joined the jumping moment with him. 

"I want to play the basketball game. Let's have a competition. Loser has to take their partner out on an eating spree."

As Jin rolls his eyes and has one strong grip around the plush, he snatches the card away from her grip. He clamps the card between his fingers and seductively gazes at his wife — one attempt to make her lose. 

"MiYeon, we are married for crying out loud. Suggest another bet."

She snatches the card back and places both hands on her hips. 

"Fine. Loser has to follow what the winner orders them to do."

Jin knew how kindhearted his wife is. She's never ordered the latter to do anything ridiculous. She doesn't have the heart to do such things — where people embarrass themselves for the fun of the other person.

"Anything?"

"Anything." She answered without hesitation. 

"Deal." He winked at his wife and was dragged towards the basketball section. 

Jin had settled his plush carefully beside on the floor, afraid that a random kid might snatch his reward away from him. MiYeon placed the plush on top of the flat surface of the machine in case his worries got to him. 

"How many rounds?"

"One round. I want to play other games." MiYeon swipes the card on both machines and two adults prepare for the competition that was bound to get heated. 

"3 ... 2 ... 1 ... go!" The automatic voice spoke from the machine. 

From there, things went a bit wild — with MiYeon screaming her heart out as she aims at the hoop. She missed a few scores, but still had managed to earn a few points. Jin, on the other hand has the advantage of being slightly tall and experienced. He missed a few shots as well, but not as much as his wife. 

It was clear how many stages there were. Their breaths were caught on fast and light. MiYeon kept jumping every time she threw the ball. 

"I win." Jin triumphantly exclaims and does his famous celebration dance that MiYeon's all too familiar with. Jin waves his body, his arms as flexible snakes. The sight makes the wife laugh, albeit she was exhausted from the brief exercise of the legs and right arm. 

"Alright, I lost. What am I punished for?" She gave in and grabbed for the plush. 

"That ... will be announced back at the hotel." 

MiYeon's body was slightly sore, but the childlike spirit inside her induced the lass to hop on the dance machine. She wasn't bothered by the bet that she had lost and instead wanted to indulge in the youthful environment. 

Jin stretched his body, accepting the fair play from MiYeon. Instead of competing against each other, they were going to work together. 

Both adults took their shoes off, placing them beside the plush that Jin had find endearing. The wife swipes the card, unexpectedly gaining a small crowd from behind. As Jin makes the decision for both song and difficulty, the wife exhales with confidence. 

The upbeat music surrounds them and concentration was clear on their faces. MiYeon made sure to hold onto the handle behind her and focus on the screen. The difficulty level was made to normal mode, but even that was slightly confusing than the easy mode. 

MiYeon stomped the right step and Jin followed the same as shown on his side of the screen. The steps change. The pace starts off slow and calming before reaching the chorus. Their hearts raced erratically to the strong bass. MiYeon was pumped up to move her legs and so was Jin. 

They found the dancing challenge entertaining and stress relieving. 

After the dance off, the two earned a satisfying grade of B, a round of applause from the small crowd and the next stage to overcome. 

. . .

200818 

— i have another fanfic idea for jin someone take me away from wattpad i haven't finished the others smh