[ stay ]

Jin belches uncontrollably over the toilet bowl. He squeezes his eyes shut at the burning itch on his throat. He gags air with the help of the wife massaging his nape. Jin groans in agony at the illness growing inside. The moment he woke up, he felt nauseous. 

It definitely wasn't the strawberry they picked up yesterday. He didn't know why he felt sick all of a sudden. He ate his meals right on time. He didn't overexert himself and moderately drank water. 

Perhaps it was due to the fact that they travelled outside everyday without taking a proper break. He grunts once more, gripping tightly onto his shirt as he draws out a shuddered breath.

MiYeon fished for a medicated oil from her purse before pulling Jin's shirt over his shoulders. She applied enough ointment on his back to ease the swelling pain inside his body. His sudden vomiting awoke MiYeon, of whom was in the middle of sleeping. 

It was a shock to see him like this. Her heart ached at the sight of her husband gagging out excess food and air. She knew he needed something warm and non-fried food to refill his stomach. He pulls the flush and heavily exhales. 

"Are you okay now?" She inquires, placing the oil away as she continued to press on his shoulder. She pulled his shirt down and Jin attempts to stand up. He manages to groan once more, pouring water over his mouth and thoroughly washing his hands. His nausea and dizziness persists.

MiYeon places his arm over her shoulder, aiding him to walk back to the bed. Once they were close enough, Jin drops his weight on the bed. She pulls the blanket over his abdomen and turns the air conditioner off. Jin already drank Panadol pills to ease the fever and shakiness. MiYeon touched his forehead, already aware of his heated body. 

"I'll see if I can order some porridge. Do you want something else? Some warm tea, perhaps?"

Jin stammers with his words as he couldn't stop shaking. 

MiYeon hurriedly wore comfortable clothings and grabbed her belongings. 

"I'll be back in a bit. Call me if you're in need of something, okay?" 

Jin nods and she kisses his forehead before rushing out to find some chicken porridge. Getting sick during long holiday trips didn't cross their mind. They thought dizziness will only emerge from the hardcore travel. He grew uncertain why he was abruptly sick.

Back in Korea, it was always a cold climate. He'd worn several layers of coats and sweaters. Jin does his best to take care of himself without troubling others. 

Half an hour later, MiYeon returned safely with the warm chicken porridge and green tea, specially requested from the hotel's kitchen. She wasn't sure where to find in other restaurants and whether they provided take outs. 

They were supposed to have breakfast together, but the morning was spent in the washroom throwing up. She lost her appetite. She didn't care about herself and would rather care for Jin until he recovered. 

She prays that this sickness was only a small fever. 

"Jin, wake up. Your porridge is here. Eat up before it gets cold." She settles her jacket on the coat hanger, swiftly approaching her sweltering husband. His shaking body decreased, but he is still mumbling with his words. 

MiYeon brought a cooling patch from a nearby pharmacy. She peels the protector off and evenly places it on Jin's forehead. He winces at the sudden coldness. His eyes flutter wide open and eventually he exhales in relief. 

He shifts to a comfortable position. Leaning against the bed's headboard alleviated a bit of his headache. Jin moans and tugs the blanket closer. The air conditioner isn't even turned on, inducing his wife to pull the blanket away from him. Jin knows that a sweltering body needs to be evaporated to the average body temperature. 

For the remaining minutes, sitting on the edge of the bed she fed him until both contents were gone. She had assumed that Jin would eat reluctantly. She thought only half of the porridge would remain. 

Jin is relieved off the intense headache that occurred horribly in the morning. The itchiness in his throat is still there, but it doesn't bother him as much as it did awhile ago. 

MiYeon piled the plates and glass back on the tray. Jin sits upright for a few more minutes, allowing the food contents to be digested. The last time the sickness overwhelmed him was a week before their departure from home. 

Things may be catastrophic if he suddenly got sick on the day that they left their hometown. 

MiYeon pulled the curtains together, concealing of any intense sunlight from coming through. She apologised to the tour guide in advanced about not being able to continue the second day of the touring. The lad didn't mind whatsoever and decided best to let them rest. 

Jin comfortably lies on his left shoulder, immersing himself back to a deep sleep. She joins in and wraps one arm around his body. 

"M-MiYeon ..." Jin whispered and she inches closer to listen. She begins to massage his nape again, pressing onto his tense muscles as much as possible. 

"I-I'm ... sorry." 

"You idiot. Why are you apologizing?" 

Jin moves closer to his wife, snuggling as close as possible with the shared blanket. She gave some massages on his head too and Jin grins in relaxation. He felt bad for having her look out to him, although they're a married couple, Jin feels reluctant to rely everything onto wife. He completely trusts her and never dares to doubt her as a person. 

He tries his best to avoid burdening his wife. 

"Anyway, get some sleep. You should feel better in the evening." 

MiYeon continues to massage his nape, which soon released the air from the inside. Jin burps with his mouth closed, afraid that the breath may pass on to his wife. She continues to press on his muscles until her fingers and eyes were exhausted. She did this in intervals before slumber eventually overwhelms the two. 

Silence ensues in the master room. Jin stops shaking and the sweat on his back cools off. 

15.05.18 - hope you enjoyed this short chapter and have a nice day~