[ two ice cream sandwich for one ]

Traveling outside everyday felt exhausting for the couple. MiYeon could barely keep up with Jin's long stride at the museum yesterday. They had planned to go out somewhere far or even close for today, but she could not get out of the bed to shower.

She had been twisting and turning as sleep won over her will to wake up. Jin, who was busy at the shower for twenty minutes was surprised to see her still sleeping. The man shook his head, rubbing the towel over his damp hair. He sat on the edge of the bed and slightly poked her side. She whined in retaliation and rolled over to the opposite side.

"Five more ... minutes." She mumbled under her breath and dragged the blanket closer. 

Jin smiled to himself and headed to the wardrobe to dress up. Her eyes remained heavy and deep in slumber. 

Ten minutes later, Jin got dressed in a simple outfit of black tee and pants. He left his hair to dry and noticed that she was still sleeping. Jin wondered if MiYeon wanted to go out for another day of travel.

Suddenly, she groaned in her sleep, wrapping both arms around her stomach. She rolled over once again and pulled her legs up into a shrimp position. Jin remained standing and waited with patience. 

MiYeon eventually woke up as the cramps intensified. She scooted off the bed and rushed past Jin towards the bathroom. She locked the bathroom shut, leaving Jin to stand there in the middle of the room unfazed. 

The latter shook his head and began tidying up the mess of the bed. 

Several minutes later, MiYeon got out of the toilet with evidence that she had suffered a natural disaster first thing in the morning. She barely wanted to move, yet she could not stay inside the bathroom. MiYeon stumbled towards the bedroom, only for Jin to wrap his arms around her waist. 

She instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck and embraced the warmth from him. She wanted to fall back asleep to pass this painful agony. MiYeon wanted to curse, until one of his hand sneaked up her shirt. He leaned in towards her nape, until she groaned at the annoying cramps by grabbing a handful of Jin's hair. 

"Don't you- even think ... about it." She muttered under her breath and Jin simply pulled her closer.

"What's wrong?" He inquired, slightly clueless at the reason for her stomach ache. He could only conclude the reason as food poisoning. 

"T-the blood war ... has returned." 

"What?"

"Chocolate ice cream sandwich." MiYeon stated before pulling away from the embrace. She slowly headed towards the bathroom with the towel at hand. With a raised eyebrow, he stood up and scratched his head in vexation. MiYeon turned on the shower and began to cleanse herself. She would have to endure at least for a week. 

Half an hour later, Jin had returned with the at least five chocolate ice cream sandwiches purchased from the nearby store.  He almost struggled with his English, yet managed to survive. He saw MiYeon resting on the couch holding her stomach. 

Upon the sighting of the plastic bag, her eyes widened in delight and she instantly forgot about the period. She weakly reached out to Jin, who responded with a grin at her childish behavior. 

"Is something wrong with your stomach or something?" Jin asked whilst handing her at least two packets. She ripped the packet open and chewing the first bite made her extremely content. She forgot about the period and smiled. 

"Search up the word 'period' and you'll get your answer." She replied and bit a large bite of the ice cream sandwich. She knew she shouldn't be eating cold food during this havoc, yet she could not help it. Jin shrugged his shoulders and took one for his own. They ate in silence, leaving the wife to enjoy the second ice cream sandwich.

Jin was already done with his first one and stashed two of the ice cream sandwich inside the small fridge.

He returned back to the living room and sat on the couch near MiYeon.

"Perhaps we aren't up for today's adventure?" He inquired once again, grasping her warm hand gently. He had never seen her happier than this whilst eating two packs of ice cream sandwiches. 

"Sorry Jin. I know how much you wanted to see the Statue of Liberty, but I guess today wouldn't be the great time. I'm battling the bloody war right now." 

Jin could not take it seriously, even when she tried being serious. He stifled a grin and leaned in closer to the three seater sofa. 

"It's okay. We'll stay here until your stomach is all right, okay?"

"Thank you." She responded and her voice trailed into a whisper. Her eyes fluttered heavily and closed again. With their fingers intertwined, Jin rests his head on the seat before joining her for a short nap. 

"Jin, I want one more sandwich-"

-

231117 - honestly me