[ Tromsø ]

. . . 

Stuffing enough medicines in the blue duffel bag, MiYeon couldn't contain her excitement any longer. She bounces on her feet and scurries to grab some sweaters and scarves off the rack. She sings to herself, minding her business and ignoring her surroundings. She folds the item neatly and arranges them efficiently inside the bag.

The thought of seeing the northern lights up close fazed her so much. She couldn't stop thinking about it. She felt giddy to witness such exotic beauty lingering around. She's seen aurora lights from pictures before, but that is completely different to how one experiences in real life. 

"Someone's in an ecstatic mood." Jin comments from behind and encircles his arms around her torso. He just finished showering, purposely scenting his whole body with musk as their journey to Tromso may take time. 

Jin is also delighted to see the aurora lights under the nocturne breeze with his wife. He visions himself sitting by the beach, observing the glowing colourful lights blend in with the darkness as they roast marshmallows over burning wood, dipping them in melted chocolate. He imagines the glimmer of excitement exude from her eyes. 

 "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" She answers in a sing-song voice. She turns around and pecks a kiss on Jin's nose. MiYeon squirms out of the embrace and bustles to the bathroom. 

"Hurry up! I don't want to be late for the trip! I've been dying to see this moment, ya know!" She exclaims, her enthusiasm still evident in her tone. He rubs the towel on his damp hair and proceeds to unplug the charger cable from his phone. 

"It's only a two hour ride from here ... I think ... after riding the train ... then flying the airplane." His tone falters to a whisper.  

Jin checks the time and is obvious to the amount of messages sent from his six babies. He grins at the texts sent from his parents too. He notices the amount of notifications from his other social platforms. Jin got spammed mostly by Taehyung and Jungkook. The others were merely curious as to where the couple were. 

The wife and husband prepared enough snacks for the two. If their mouths were exhausted from speaking, eyes strained from looking around so much, the solution is to fill in their stomach as they wait throughout the ride. 

Once they were done with packing two duffel bags, regardless of staying at a reserved inn before returning two days after. Jin makes sure their suitcases are locked and lined at the corner of the room. He makes sure to bring any valuables with him and is persistent in leaving the room clean.

They hauled for a taxi to the nearest train station. They paid for their ticket fare and waited for the departure from Oslo S. From there on, they'd follow the map and hoped that they can reach their ride on time. If they missed their flight, it's evident that they'd have to pay extra for the next plane ride. 

Jin had been meaning to avoid plane rides for quite some time. However, most of the transportations used in their journey included airplanes. He at least wants to try most train rides and to gawk the fleeting scenery beside him. 

By the time they reached the city of Tromso, the energy projected from the wife a few hours ago depleted into a discreet behaviour. Jin laughs the image of the gleeful wife and protectively pulls her into an embrace. 

"From what I've searched online, the aurora lights usually appear the strongest at eight p.m to two a.m. We still have time to rest before stopping by the docks."

MiYeon nods nonetheless and plops her limp body on the bed. She wasted most of her energy looking around. She couldn't stop bouncing up and down on her seat and legs. For now, she's lost all willpower to move another muscle. She somewhat regrets throwing all her excitement around.