Part 19

Shadow's p.o.v

Why was she acting like I'm a total stranger? Did she not enjoy our date before everything turned into chaos? My mine was racing with horrible thoughts. We soon arrived at a workshop. We went inside and stood around a workbench.

"What is the last thing everyone remembers?" Tails asked as he got out a notepad. He started handing us each a piece of paper and a pen. "Write down what you remember and maybe we can figure something out."

I thought for a moment and started writing.

I went on a date with Amy. We walked around, went to the mall, sat at the food court. Then we heard arguing, and Eggman came and all of a sudden here we are searching for one another.
-Shadow

After everyone was done, we piled our papers together and Tails read them out loud so we can all try to piece things together.

"I was following Shadow and Amy around until I got in a fight with Silver. We crashed into Rouge and Shadow teleported us to Amy and Silver's house. Eggman shot something at us and we ended up here." Tails set the paper on a pin board. "That was from Sonic." He picked up another paper. "I needed Shadow's help with something but he was too busy. I followed him around until I saw Silver and Sonic. We started fighting and we ended up at a house. Eggman came." He pinned it next to Sonic's. "That was from Rouge."
He read mine next. Something clicked in my head as he read it.

"Wait, I spoke." Everyone turned to me. "I think I used Chaos control when the laser shot at us."

"That's good, that could help us!" Tails exclaimed. He pulled up a white board and wrote down key details from everyone's papers. Silver had the same details that we had.

"All I remember is that I was building an invention and I shot a shrinking laser onto a lemon. I don't know why I'm here if I wasn't with you," Tails said scratching his head.

"I don't know why I'm here either," Knuckles said. "I was guarding the Master Emerald."

As everyone was talking, I was watching Amy. She looked puzzled. Confused, even.

"Wait there's one more paper," Tails said. He looked confused as he read it. "I don't remember anything that happened." He looked at Amy. "Do you really not remember anything?"

She shook her head. Is that why she was distant with me? Does she not remember me, or any of us? I felt a deep, painful pang in my chest. Tails wrote on the whiteboard that Amy was the only one with memory loss.

What are we going to do? What if she won't remember me? Can I get her to fall for me? It was already hard enough to do with her memory.

"Time to run some tests," Tails said.