Part 18

Amy's p.o.v

I woke up to the sound of knocking. Why did it sound so close? The door opened and in came Sonic. Why did he look so different? He seemed taller, more slim, had more quills, and had a brown scarf tied around his neck. Strange.

"Oh Ames, you're okay. New look, huh?" He asked confused. I looked down at myself. Weird. I wasn't wearing my usual red and white dress and matching boots. I also noticed that we both were wrapped in sports tape. What was happening? Why can't I remember anything? I was so busy noticing that we didn't look like ourselves, that I didn't realize where we were. We seemed to be in a hut. Do I live here?

"We should probably check on the others that were in the fight," Sonic finally said. Fight? What happened. Does he remember what happened? We walked along the island and found a workshop. We walked in and saw Tails and Knuckles. Tails' fur seemed to be a more vibrant yellow, and he carried goggles on top of his head. He also wore what seemed to be a tool belt. There was a strap on his shoulder that connected to one that went around his waist.

Then I looked over at Knuckles. My, he looked very different. He was more muscular. He still had his crescent and dreadlocks, but he too had sports tape around him.

"Wow, you guys look different too," Knuckles commented.

"Any sight of the others?" Sonic asked.

"Not yet. But there's a plane here, maybe we can fly it and look for them," Tails mentioned. Everyone but me nodded, but I followed them outside to the plane anyways. There were only two seats, so Tails drove and Sonic sat passenger. Knuckles and I sat on one of the planes wings on either side. Knuckles on the left, and me on the right. We flew around the island, but I still had no clue who we were looking for. Between some trees, I spotted a familiar looking bat.

"Down there..." I mumbled. Tails looked down and also noticed her.

"Hey, Rouge!" Tails yelled, hoping she would hear. She looked up and flew up. Tails kept his plane going forward, because he couldn't land it between all the trees. Rouge caught up and sat on the wing where Knuckles was.

"It's about time.. I thought you would never find me." She joked, crossed her arms.

"It's taken awhile for us to find each other. What is this place?" Sonic asked.

"I'm not sure. But I think the laser Eggman shot and the power of the Chaos emerald had something to do with it." Tails said.

"Eggman is sure going to pay for this," Knuckles growled.

I spaced out on their conversation. They all seem to know what happened, yet why don't I?

After a few minutes, Tails landed his plane in the sand on a beach. Over to the left, I could see a shack without a door. Approaching the plane was two hedgehogs. I recognized them both.

"Where have you all been? I just walked most of the island with Shadow," Silver said.

Shadow walked up to me and hugged me tightly. "Thank goodness you're alright."

I just stood there, not hugging back. I was confused. Why was he hugging me? He let go, and I looked at him. He was also taller looking. There was some sort of gear over his gloves and above his shoes.

"Thanks, but why are you so concerned about me?" I asked curiously.

"Do you not remember what happened in the fight?" He asked me concerned.

I shook my head as response. Everyone looked around at each other confused. What was wrong with me?

"I think we should think this over at the workshop," Tails said. Everyone nodded and got on the plane. I'm surprised we could all fit. Shadow sat close to me. Why? I mean, he's attractive, I can't lie about that. But why me? What happened? Were we dating? There were so many unanswered questions in my head that need answering. Hopefully everyone will get to the bottom of this.

I apologize if you don't like Sonic boom! I just thought the story needed a plot twist. I will keep Knuckles the same, I won't alter his personality to the boom Knuckles. And I probably won't use any of the boom characters besides maybe the PC characters as extras. I hope you still continue to read this story besides the changes!