Part 16

Silver's p.o.v

As I was following Shadow and Amy, there was no sight of Rouge. I gotta say, they are really hitting it off. I see another date in their future! As we were walking, I thought I had seen Sonic, but maybe it was someone else. I shook the thought off as they were entering the mall. I waited about two minutes before I was about to enter. But before I could step in, I was grabbed by someone. I quickly turned ready to fight. Then I softened my stance.

"R-Rouge? What are you doing?" I whispered. Why had the bat grabbed me? I was supposed to find her and grab her instead.

She dragged me into the parking lot away from the mall. "I'm also following Shadow and Amy. But I can explain later, I saw Sonic spying, and I'm afraid he might do something."

Hm.. so I wasn't the only one. "You saw too? I thought I was just paranoid."

She shook her head. "Enough chatter, it's a big mall. There's three stories, they could be anywhere, and Sonic could be near them. We need to move now."

I just simply nodded my head at the new task I was given, and we were off in the mall. I took the first floor and Rouge took the third. Once we finished ours, we would meet up at the second floor. I sped walked around the mall, not wanting to cause a scene. I knew this was urgent, but I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself. I checked around benches, a few stores, yet no sight of the other hedgehogs. I walked into a few stores, too. I walked into a shoe shop owned by a male green cat. I asked if he had seen any of who I was looking for, and he apologized saying he had not. I nodded off after wishing him a good day as I continued my search. Another store I entered was a lingerie shop. My face immediately turned a dark shade of red.

"Hi, can I help you?" A female wolf asked me.

"Uh no i uh.. wrong store." I stammered quickly before leaving. I shivered looking back at the store. I'm never going there again. Finishing covering everywhere on the first floor, I decided to go up to the second floor. But I quickly turned my head and saw a blue hedgehog entering an elevator. Not risking a chance of losing him, I quickly ran to it before it closed. It was only him in it, which was perfect. I made it just in time before it closed.

"Hey Silv-"

"I know what you're up to."

"I'm not up to anything?"

"I saw you spying on Shadow and Amy."

"You wouldn't have known that unless you were also spying on them." He fired back.

"Well unlike you, I was asked by Shadow to follow along. What's you're excuse?" I snarled.

Before he could answer, the door opened. I looked back at him and he waved, before running off. I ran after him. Dodging shoppers along the way. I muttered apologies to those I passed along the way. Up ahead I saw an abandoned ice cream cart at the food court. I used my telekinesis to grab a scoop and drop it in front of him. He slipped on it as I anticipated, and I jumped him. We crashed into someone, and I saw it was Rouge.

"Silver, what is your problem?" Sonic angrily asked.

"Why did you run away?" I shot back.

"Why don't you both stop! You both crushed me!" Rouge snapped.

We all started bickering back and forth on the ground until we heard two voices clearing their throats. We all looked up and it was Shadow and Amy.

"Chaos control!" Shadow yelled, and we were back at my house.

"What's going on?" Amy asked, with an arm resting on her hip, glaring at us all.

"I- I can explain..." Sonic whispers.