Part 12

Silver's p.o.v.

I was lounging on the couch sipping on a lemonade, my favorite beverage to drink in the summer. Amy had just left with Blaze to the mall to go shopping. I was about to turn on the Tv when I got a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting company, so I cautiously walked over and looked through the peep hole. Surprised at who it was, I opened the door.

"Hey Shadow, what's up?" I asked.

"Tails' place blew up. He has this giant invention with tentacles that held him and Knuckles captive."

I invited him in as he was explaining what had happened. I got him a lemonade and we sat on the couch.

"Man it was crazy, the tentacles just kept multiplying. The more you get rid of, the faster they come back."

I sat there in pure shock. What was the fox trying to make? "And what are you doing now?"

He looked kind of nervous. Both ears were folded down a bit and he kept playing with his fingers, looking down at the floor instead of making his usual eye contact with me. "Well.. I was kind of hoping I could make it up to you and Amy for leaving so early."

I smiled. "That sounds great! What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of spending a whole day with both of you individually?"

"That sounds awesome! I haven't had much one-on-one time with my best bud in awhile," I said. But then I thought of something. I had a huge grin on my face.

"What?" He asked nervously.

"Are you sure you're not just doing this so you can hang out with Amy alone? I smirked.

"No," was all he said.

I chuckled. "Sure, sure. But if you opened up to me I could help you plan a day with her. Kind of like a date."

He thought for a second. "Yes, you're only half right. I do want to hang out with Amy, but we haven't hung out in awhile either."

I was truly touched. "Aww Shadow. How about this. I'm going to help you plan an amazing date with Amy. This can count as our bro time so you can hang out with her tomorrow."

"Thanks man, you're the best." And we did a quick bro hug. "Also Silver?"

"Yes?" I asked sipping on my lemonade.

"It's not a date."

I looked at him and laughed. "Yeah right!"

He crossed his arms. "No, rea-"

"So what did you plan on doing?" I asked cutting him off. I mentally rolled my eyes because he can be kind and considering, but he has a stubborn side when it comes to these things. Even if he and everyone else knows what he wants.

"I was thinking of a stroll through the park, movies, maybe get lunch?"

"Although that all sounds nice, definitely do not go to a movie."

"Why not? I thought that's what people usually do on dates?"

I laughed. "It is, but it's a horrible first date idea. You can't talk during a movie, so you don't get to learn anything about them."

"Okay, maybe we can go to the mall together and go shopping since Sonic's birthday is coming up?"

"Yes, you two can bond during that and help each other out."

"Should I still do lunch or should we go to dinner?"

"Maybe dinner, so you guys can spend more time together."

He nodded his head taking mental note of it all.

I chuckled. "Maybe I should secretly follow along to make sure you don't mess up."

His ears perked up. "Can you?"

"Shadow, I was joking. "You need to be yourself. I don't want to be controlling you. But if it makes you feel better, I will give you tips."

He nodded his head.

For about another half hour, I was giving him some tips and tricks on how to be smooth, and win her over. The sound of keys jingling outside turned our attention away. We both stood up instinctively. We watched the door open and a sakura hedgehog walking through. She looked at us and smiled.

"Hi you two!" She chirped. I smiled and Shadow walked over to her to help her with her bags. "Thanks Shadow, they were starting to get a little heavy."

"Amy, do you have any plans tomorrow?" He asked. I sat down on the couch once again. They remained standing by the now shut door.

She pondered for a moment. "I don't think so?"

"You do now," he smirked. She looked up at him confused. He started to get nervous again. "I have some things planned out for us, if you don't mind."

She giggled. "I don't mind, I can't wait! Do I need to dress casual, athletic, formal?"

"Casual for most of what I have planned. But I can bring you back home to change into something formal later."

"Sounds like a plan," she smiled.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up at 3."

"Can you help me take these bags upstairs?"

He nodded, and followed her up the stairs.

I was pretending like nothing had happened, but inside I was jumping for joy. My two best friends might get together! I heard them talking about their plans upstairs. I couldn't contain the grin showing on my face. Maybe it won't be so hard to get them together. It will be a challenge, but it's worth it.