Part 8

Amy's p.o.v.

It was only half an hour until Silver's plan involving us was going to take action. Right now he was taking Blaze to a carnival to have some fun. I look down and saw Shadow starting to wake up. His eyes slowly fluttered open, and when he realized his arms were tangled around my waist, his muzzle flashed red and he quickly sat up. I couldn't help but smile, but I felt kind of empty without his embrace. He looked away and coughed.

"I apologize, Rose." He mumbled.

"No need," I giggled. He looked over at me, and I got lost in his ruby red eyes. They held so much emotion that his face never showed. I wanted to get to know each and every emotion he was holding back. He was about to say something, but we both got cut off by Silver, texting us so we know he's on his way to the meadows. Me and Shadow were last in his plan, so we had a bit of time. We had a video call with the couples before us so we could see what was happening. First was Tails and Cream. They were waiting on top of the trees. Silver and Blaze walked down the path and Tails and Cream dropped rose petals over them. Tails flew ahead to drop more so they would fall close to them when they got there. My heart felt warm when I saw the pure awe, shock, and love on Blaze's face. They kept walking, and Rouge and Knuckles used light and their diamonds and jewels behind trees to create a cool romantic lighting for the two. They got to a larger area of the path, and Sonic played some romantic music. Silver offered a hand to Blaze, and they danced around the path. I smiled at the two lovingly through the video call. I looked over and saw Shadow glancing at me. I gave him a bright smile and turned so we could get our stuff ready. We were in charge of fireworks. I got them all into position, ready to form a shape in the sky. When they got to the cliff, I nodded and Shadow, and he quickly lit all the fireworks. We didn't realize we trapped ourselves in the middle of them all, and we couldn't get past without hurting ourselves. I heard the loud noise of them starting to go off and before I could scream in fear and panic, Shadow pulled me into his embrace, and we dropped down to the ground. Each firework went off one by one, and we looked up and saw that it worked. Each firework bursted in the sky, and they formed a perfect heart. I sighed.

I turned to Shadow. "Thank you."

"No problem," he mumbled. We lit the rest of the remaining fireworks, and sat together on our picnic blanket, admiring the night sky.

This may have been Silver and Blaze's night out there, but here in this very moment in this spot, it felt like ours.