Chapter 23

Amon's POV

Listening to the council members, my mind wasn't even focused on them. My thoughts kept drifting back to Raven. I hope she doesn't awaken when I'm in this meeting. Come on Amon. Focus! As much as I love Raven, I need to concentrate on this meeting. The faster I finish here, the faster I could get back to her.

"Are you listening to us your majesty?" One of the council members asked. I'll be honest here. I don't know the names of any of the five council members. It's pathetic I know. But I never cared to learn it. I spent so little time around them that I never bother to learn it.

Just as they were asking me what were my intentions on finding a bride, the throne room doors were doing open, a flushed Marax on the other side. He was panting like he ran here from the ancient chambers. He did. His face was clouded over with panic as his eyes darted from the council members to me. I didn't even have to ask what went wrong. Raven.

I stood up, making a move to leave the throne room only to be stopped by them. "You can't leave. We still have urgent matters to discuss."

"Yes well I have another pressing matter to take care of." I replied curtly.

"Is that matter more important than the kingdom? King Amon!" They asked, wanting to test my loyalty.

I turned to face them once again. "Yes it is. If you want to strip me of the title as king, feel free to do so." I used my powers then to throw them back against the walls and pin them there. "But first find someone who rivals me in power and strength. Never question my loyalty to the throne and kingdom. But I am a man and I do have other things to deal with."

With those words I left the throne room and made my way to the ancient chambers, hoping to find Raven. Finding the room empty, I turned my glare to Marax. He immediately braced himself for my anger.

"I had nothing to do with her disappearance. She woke up, saw me and then vanished. I dont know where she went Your Majesty."

I groaned, raking my hands over my face. Where could she have gone? Thinking Ronove would be able to help, I went to the dungeons. He was pacing the floor of his cell when I entered. He looked up when he noticed me, rushing towards me.

"Has she woken up Amon?" He gushed. It's disconcerting hearing him speak like that.

"Yes she has."

"Then why arent you with her?" He questioned.

I began to explain to him what happened. From where the council members were basically lecturing me to leaving Raven with Marax. Then her waking up and vanishing. He listened to me intently, closing his eyes in concentration while I spoke.

"So I came to you thinking you would be able to find her. Or help me find her." I finished my explanation.

Ronove slowly opened his eyes. Then he did something unexpected. He literally smacked the back of my head.

"What the fuck Ronove?!" I shouted, pushing him away.

"Why would you assume that I would know her whereabouts? I haven't seen her since she was an infant. I am her father, yes. But I have been out of her life for her entire life. She woke up in an unfamiliar place, with unfamiliar people. She's all alone in a place she doean know. The only person who would know her, is her mate. Amon, only you can find her. You alone know her better than anyone else." He chastised me.

But he was right. Only I would be able to find her. I know how she thinks. How she gets when she's scared. Raven would look for a waterfall to be near the water to calm and distract herself. She doesn't know where she is and Raum doesn't have any waterfalls. However it does have lava falls. Raven wouldn't know how to get to them though. There must be another way for me to find her.

Mates. I'm her mate. I should be able to find her using that bond. Closing my eyes, I pictured her face in my mind, concentrating,  trying to find her location. Trying to see where she might be. Suddenly it was like a third eye zoomed in on the castle. Then it zoomed out just as fast as it came, travelling through Raum at the speed of light, weaving through the streets, past the villages, leaving the city, leading to the most secluded parts of Raum. The uninhabitable areas, where the fire storms were the strongest, the sulfur winds uncontrollable and the lava falls the most unpredictable.

The third eye slowed. There on the top of the cliffs of the one of the largest fire falls, a figure sat. The sulfur winds blowing the black hair of the person wildly around. Raven sat there, her knees brought up her chest, her eyes staring out at the falls.

My eyes shot open. Ronove and Marax were both staring at me, waiting for my response. "I know where to find her. She's by the fire falls. I need to get to her."

I opened a portal to where I saw Raven. Without another word, I stepped through the portal, re-emerging to where Raven sat by the edge of the cliffs. The lava was flowing close to the cliffs, almost like it was drawn to her. The sulfur wind was intoxicating. If I wasn't who I was, if I was a lesser demon I would have been doubled over by now. Raven also looked like the winds weren't affecting her. It was as though it was moving around her, never coming close to her body.

Her newly awakened power pulsated around her in waves. A red and pale blue hue surrounded her body, pulsing like the beat of a heart. I wasn't any exception to her power. Unconsciously, I found myself drawing closer to her, stopping shy just a few steps away.

"Little Raven...." I called out to her softly. She turned to look at me. Staring at me with brilliant crimson eyes.

.........................

A/N- Love me!!! I updated!! Finally after so long. Not the best I've done. 18 months was too long. Please forgive me. I hope you enjoy this. Even a little bit. Until next week.