Chapter 7

Raven POV

Dark clouds covered the sky. The morning sun hidden from sight. The rain fell in buckets. The river banks were swollen and overflowing. Strobes of lightning flashed across the sky. The booming thunder sounds made me jump. Pulling the thick blanket around me, I covered my naked body. Amon, in his trousers alone, walked into the cave, his body wet from the rains. He sat next to me, pulling me into his arms. I was shivering and it wasn't from the cold. It was from the fear of being attacked and not being able to defend myself.

"Little Raven. It's okay. I'm here." Amon said in a calm tone, stroking my back.

I didn't answer him. I was still in shock. Amon lifted me, making sure the blanket was securely wrapped around me and place me on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me. I buried my head in the crook of his neck. Closing my eyes, I tried to forget what happened.

Four hours ago

It was the day after I told Amon what I saw and he explained to me what it was. The sun had just risen and I was dressed in a teal blue dress. It had short sleeves and was resting on my knees. The dress was tight around my breast and flared out by the waist. Amon had given it to me yesterday right before he left. He told me to meet him by the river after sunrise. He was bringing a special breakfast for us. Something new he said. Running the comb through my long hair as quickly as I could. I was eager to see him. I'm always eager to meet him. I didn't care that I saw him yesterday.

Running out my hut, I ran to the river, the wind blowing my hair behind my body and also in different directions. So much for combing it out to keep it neat. My dark hair was reaching me by my knees. It was longer, but Amon had literally sliced it off a few weeks ago. It had gotten caught on some branches and wasn't coming free. He had cut it in order for me to get free. I wanted to get to the river before Amon arrived.

A smile broke out on my face when I spotted the river. Its crystal waters sparking like gems in the morning sun. Doubling my efforts, I ran faster to the meeting area. I was suddenly yanked back when my hair got caught on something. Looking back, I saw three men from the village. One of them had a fistful of my hair in his hand.

I tried to pull free but he only yanked on my hair, causing me to fall. Before I could make an attempt to stand, the other two men started kicking and punching me. I did my best to block their attacks until they pinned my arms and legs to the ground. The man holding my hair, released it only to drag a clammy hand down my face.

"The village freak sure grew up." He sneered the words, his breath smelling like the bitter alcohol he had consumed.

His friends laughed, a creepy look coming to their eyes. I'm scared. I've never been afraid of them before but now I am. Trying to kick my legs free only earned me a punch to my eye. I felt my eye start to swell and throb. Biting my lip, I held back the cry of pain that wanted to escape. My entire body was beginning to hurt.

My fear was amplified when one of the men ripped the sleeves of my dress and brought the front of the dress down, revealing my breast. I tried to pull my hands away to cover myself. Amon told me that no man should see my body naked. With the way they were looking at me, I didn't like it. I mean, they actually licked their lips, while their eyes raked my body.

The tremor ran through my body. I was happy to feel it but the pain it brought caused me to freeze up. The men took advantage of that. I watched in terror as one of the men undid his breaches while the other two ripped the dress completely off my body. My breasts were roughly grabbed. From the corner of my eye, I noticed the man stroking his member, hardening it. Bile rose in my throat. His friends spread my legs and I felt their fingers traveling up my legs to my core. Their fingers were shoved roughly into me.