Chapter 14

Amon's POV

Ten days. From the moment I told her that, it was as though time stopped for her. She opened and closed her mouth repeated like a fish out of water. She wanted to say something but couldn't seem to gather her thoughts. What I didn't tell her was that I was also unconscious for those same ten days.

I woke up an hour ago, bolting out of bed, only to collapse on Marax. He caught me before I fell on the floor. He filled me in on everything. That after my return from the dungeons, I got into bed and never woke up. He did everything he could have done to ensure that no one knew of my state.

He told me that my body was in a comatose state. He said I wasn't breathing but my heart was faintly beating. It was the same thing that happened to Raven the moment she touched the tomb. But Marx doesn't know that. Once I was able to sit up, he helped me to the bath and left me to clean my body. I spent thirty minutes in the bath. Getting out, I dressed simply in a soft black denim jeans and a black muscle t-shirt. I didn't even bother to eat. My first priority was getting to Raven.

After the initial shock of what I told her wore off, she seemed as though she was in a daze. I navigated her to sit down, taking her face in my hands.

"Raven listen to me." I said calmly. "I know you must be in shock and I know we can't get those ten days back. But what we can do is move forward by trying to figure out what happened and how it happened. Think you could help me with that little Raven?"

She nodded. "I'm terrified Ami. The Sacrifice is in two days. I know there aren't many eighteen year olds left. What if its my turn?"

"In two days it's your birthday." I didn't want to talk about the Sacrifice. I wanted to focus all my attention on her. "That's all that matters. Let's forget all this talk about what is to come after and focus on something positive. Your birth is something to celebrate. To me at least."

A small smile played at the corner of her lips. She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by a loud growling sound. Thinking it was a wild animal, I started to pull away only to stop when I saw Raven turn the deepest shade of red I ever. Her hands were over her stomach and she was looking down. Wait. Was the sound her stomach? My reaction was automatic, I laughed. It was a loud booming sound that echoed through the forest.

"Amon, it's not funny." She grumbled softly.

I didn't think it was even possible for her face to get any redder. It did. My laughter only intensified.  So Raven did the only thing left for her to do at my reaction. She smacked me on my head and stood up. She began walking away.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked getting up to follow her.

Stopping, she looked over her shoulder at me. "Going hunting for my meal. You coming Amon?"

A smirked played on her lips. When did she become like that? The innocent Raven I watched grow up was no longer a child. I should have realised it sooner. How could I have been so blind? Reaching out, I grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. Wrapping an arm around her waist, I bent, claiming her lips.

On contact, she gasped before easing into the kiss. Our lips moved together as I pulled her even closer. It wasn't a hungry kiss full of lust. It was a kiss filled with passion and love. Slowly pulling back, I watched as she opened her eyes.

"I apologise for laughing little Raven." Kissing her blush coloured cheeks with each word.

"It's ok." Her reply ended with a smile. "Now let's go looking for food."

Dropping my arm from around her waist, I took her hand instead. Together we went hunting for something to eat.

Marx POV