CHAPTER 30

RAVEN POV

By the time I woke up, I was alone in bed. Sitting up, I looked around the room for Amon. He was no where to be seen in the room. Deciding to start my training early, I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and showering, I dressed in a grey jeans and form fitting long sleeved white sweater. Now to tackle my hair. I think it's time I asked Amon for a hair cut. I never really cared much about my hair, but now it's ridiculous to take care of.

A knock on the door paused me mid brush. Marax entered a few moments after the knock with a tray of food in his hands. He bowed before he closed the door and walked into the room, placing the tray on the bed.

"What's for breakfast this morning?" I asked struggling to plait my hair.

"Belgian waffles with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. To drink is a caramel latte. Amon said you would enjoy that. Everything was brought straight from the human world. The more advanced part than your tiny village."

"I see. For crying out loud! Why can't I get this right?!" I shouted in frustration at my hair.

"Would you like some help Princess Raven?"

I smiled shyly at him. "Yes please.

Coming behind me, he lifted my mass of hair and ran the brush through it again. Then he parted it in multiple sections and plait them. He got a total of ten plaits before he joined all in one. The style he did made my hair reach to the back of my knees. A lot shorted than dragging behind me.

"There we go."

Thanking him, I stood up and went to eat. Marax followed me, standing at my side while I ate. Amon was right. I did enjoy the meal. But I was curious. How did Marax know to do this? I asked him just that.

"Before I met Amon, I had a child of my own. A daughter. Being poor and homeless, I couldn't protect her from the constant fire storms that we had. She died ten years before Amon saved me. Since the day I met him, I've always considered Amon like a son. Did you know that he is an orphan?"

"No. I didn't." Why would Ami keep that a secret from me?

"Don't think too hard on it princess. For eighteen years you believed you were an orphan. Possibly that's why he didn't tell you."

"Maybe."

"And maybe you should stop running your mouth you old demon."

Amon's stern voice made us both jump. Marax's face lost all colour at the sound of Ami's voice.

"Your majesty....... I wasn't aware that you were returning to your chambers now." He seemed so flustered that he tripped over his words.

"Why would I not? I left Raven asleep. I won't start my day until she sees me off." He was standing in front of me by now. Looking down at me, the stern expression he wore while speaking to Marax softened. "Hi. How was your breakfast?"

"Yummy. Thank you."

Standing, I briefly touched our lips together, fully aware that Marax was still there, but slowly making his way to the door. Once the door had shut behind Marax, Amon wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

"Ami..."

"I don't mind you knowing my past. But I rather that you hear it from me. If there's anything you want to know about me, just ask."

"Ok."

"Raven, I want to ask you something later. But first your dad has to explain it to you. I want you to keep an open mind. Alright?" His words didn't worry me. But rather the tone he used. He sounded worried.