"I will talk to her and apologize." She choked.

"No. NO." He raised his head with a jerk. "You will do no such thing."

"But –"

"No." He stood up. "You'd be humiliating her more if you go there to offer just a word of sorry. She deserves so much more than that. So much more."

He turned and found his father and siblings standing looking at him worriedly. And why won't they? They have never seen him this way even when he kicked Preetika out which was five and a half months ago. Almost half a year!

Pressing his fingers to his eyes he walked around them before taking long strides off the house leaving behind his worried family along with a guilty mother.

His jaws clenched as he heard footsteps approaching his table.

"AMAN I SAID," He raised his head and surprisingly stopped right there. His mouth which was opened to shout more, closed itself as he slumped against his leather chair. As right there the perfect example of that 'stupid' man was standing who himself let go of his happiness because he couldn't put his wife above his family.

Looking at his face, he realized like him, he has reached to the brim of his patience as well otherwise at this time when all of his workers were staying past his radar he wouldn't have made the mistake to come to the lion's den.

"What is it Ankur?" Arnav asked curtly.

"Will you," Ankur cleared his throat while Arnav's piercing gaze made him uncomfortable and somewhat scared. "Will you ask Khushi Mam to talk to Preetika and let me know how is she?"

Creases on Arnav's forehead smoothed and he scoffed.

"Why now? Ah not my business I know. Anyways why don't you go to her yourself? You're still her husband after all." The sarcasm in Arnav's tone could easily be felt.

"I can't. I don't deserve her and I just want to know that she is all right." He said defeated.

"For that I don't have to ask Khushi. I know." Arnav said calmly but Ankur couldn't hold it anymore.

"Then tell me, ASR? Please?" He pleaded. His eyes shining with precursors of tears. For a record Arnav could feel what he was going through. What it is like not to be with the woman you love especially when she is pregnant and you couldn't be with her to help her in this phase!

His mind reminded him of another truth. Ankur doesn't know about Preetika's pregnancy at all. Arnav's eyes darkened.

"I will tell you how Preetika is doing but first you tell me. Are you sure you don't want to meet her? At all?"

He nodded helplessly.

"Then keep your words even after I tell you this."

Ankur gulped.

"Preetika is pregnant. Five and a half months by now!" Arnav pulled the rug off his feet.

He gasped whilst his eyes turned wide as saucers. Putting the man in his place made Arnav somewhat relieved.

"Now go ahead. Live your life like she doesn't exist neither does your baby." Arnav said with a raised eyebrow while Ankur held the chair for support.

Arnav dialed the intercom and looking into Ankur's eyes said cruelly.

"Prepare another termination letter. Mr. Ankur Raheja is of no use to AR anymore."

Ankur's shoulders slumped and as Arnav dismissed him with his hand Ankur dragged himself out without any protests while Arnav leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling.