CHAPTER 17

"Kong ... get a little excited ..." said Aim, who was sorry for seeing his best friend become a zombie. There is no desire to be eager to live life.

Kongpop did not go to college, did not go to work until he was fired by his boss, Aim said that Kongpop was ill and applied for college leave temporarily.

Everyday Kongpop just stared out the window, hoping Arthit suddenly appeared there or caressed the tiny bed that Arthit favorite place.

"Kong ..." Aim said, breaking Kongpop daydream.

"I'm fine Aim." Kongpop said without looking at Aim.

"You don't go to college, you don't go to work, you don't want to eat if I don't force it. Until when will you continous like this Kong? Arthit returns to where his people are. Don't you know that this will happen someday." Aim gave a long lecture so that his friend accepted that Arthit had left his life.

"I know Aim ... I know ... it's just ... it's too fast ... I ... I'm not ready yet ..." Kongpop dripped back the clear liquid from his swollen eyelids.

"When will you be ready?" Asked Aim Sarcastic

"I ... I ... don't know ..."

"You will never be ready for that Kong. You love him. You wish he was by your side forever. But he is not a human like us Kong ..."

"I ... I ..." Kongpop clenched his hand, his shoulders trembling with tears. He knew very well that Arthit would one day leave him, that one day Arthit would return to his tribe. But why now? Why not later? 1 year later or 10 years later.

"Mr. Bellious gave you 1 million baths as a sign of forgiveness for involving you, he feels guilty, he should not tell greedy people like Pan to look for mini ilio or other antiques. I have given him your account number."

Kongpop did not give any response, for him the presence of Arthit was more valuable than the 1 million bath.

"I'll visit you later." Said Aim who went to college.

***

Kongpop is not a popular person on campus but not a person who is less social. His friends asked him about the condition of him who didn't go to college for days even though he had come home from the hospital.

Fang, his ignorant co-worker became concerned about Kongpop heartbreak even though she didn't know when Kongpop fell in love.

Even the night arrived, as usual, which has been done for a few days. Kongpop always talked to himself as if Arthit was still beside him or was rolling on the small bed.

"Arthit ... where are you?"

No answer.

"You don't want to go back to my house?"

No answer.

"You know, the cafe that just opened it serves choco matcha cake. The cake sells best there, even many people are willing to queue in order to get the cake. Don't you want to try it?"

"Kong already has 1 million baths. Arthit wants to eat what? Kong will buy all if Arthit back to Kong side. Na ... Arthit na ... back to Kong side ..."

"Please .... came ... back ... to me ...."

***

Kongpop fell asleep due to fatigue crying all night. For days he always cried every night. He prayed all the prayers and hopes but the miracle did not come.

Kongpop began to dream that like he was in a cinema showing his story with Arthit walking backwards. From the time Arthit left until the first time he found Arthit.

The film recalled the times Arthit was spoiled with him, when they quarreled, when they kissed each other or more precisely Kongpop tricked Arthit into kissing him. His laughing face, his smile, his angry face and his upset face were all clearly reflected in Kongpop memory.

Do you want to meet him?

Kongpop hears the voice but he doesn't see anyone. Only himself and the movie being played.

Can you give up everything for him?

"I'm willing ..." Kongpop shouted even though he wasn't sure that this was true.

Are you sure ?

"I'm sure ... please meet me with him." Please Kongpop.

If you want to meet him, you must leave this world. So what is your answer?