04 - Darren

"Fuck, did someone hurt you? What happened? I swear to fuck if Samuel laid a finger on you-" Darren growls as he frantically looks me over for any injuries. When he sees none, he furrows his brows and tilts his head as he waits for an answer.

Shaking my head, another sob escapes me and I put my head in my hands and cry harder.

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me." He says quietly, barely audible over the awful sounds coming from me.

"I don't know what you want me to say!" I cry out, as I look at the man wildly. "Do you want me to tell you scared I am? How broken I am? How my father is a sick fuck who wants to bed me?"

"What?" Bennett says, taken aback by my words.

"Oh yeah," I say, nodding my head with a sarcastic smile on my face. "All my life, I knew the man was deranged, but I didn't think he was that fucked up."

"Maybe he was just trying to scare you or something. I-"

"He pressed himself into me. Twice. On two different occasions."

"Fuck."

"And you wanna know something?" I say, not expecting an answer. "He's not even the one I'm crying over. Nope, my fucked up brain is still hung up over the man that put me in this God damn situation. The devil himself, Bennett fucking Davidson.

"I'm like a lovesick teenager whose boyfriend left her for the popular girl," I mutter to myself and Darren chuckles.

"You aren't far off," He jokes and I send him a teary-eyed glare. "But you can join the small army of women who have all fallen for the charms of Bennett fucking Davidson. I'm sure there is a support group by now."

"What do you mean?"

"You think your father just chose him?  Ha, your father has a plan for everything. Nah, Bennett fucking Davidson is able to make any woman drop her panties with a single look. And then once they do, he throws them away like last night's trash. He's the male version of a Siren."

"I don't understand."

"Nothing really to understand. You know how Mahigan mate for life? Once they find their true love bullshit, that's it and that's why most die when their mates die. And if they don't, they at minimum go insane." He pauses, to sit down beside me on my bed. "But that man, he went a different kind of crazy.

"When dear Charlotte died, he turned into some kind of male prostitute or some shit...except he didn't get paid. A man whore, I believe the kids of today call it. He was always on the hunt for another-"

"I get it."

He nods his head before he continues. "He was a good man once upon a time - before Valentine wiped out his entire pack. A good leader. An even better father and husband. I remember how fond Charlotte was of him. She would talk about him for hours on end every time I called her. I-"

"Wait...you know Charlotte?"

Darren purses his lips before slowly nodding his head. "Yeah. A long time ago." He looks at the bare wall for a moment, lost in his thoughts. 

"I'm sorry."

"Don't. Wasn't meant to be." He says quietly. "She was a wonderful woman. You would have liked her. You kinda remind me of her. Especially with that leather jacket. She had one just like it."

"It's hers. Bennett gave it to me."

"Well, no shit. Hm, I thought it looked familiar."

"How did you know her, Darren?" I ask carefully.

To Be CapturedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara