Chapter Eleven; Pot's Getting Hot

"Are you okay?" She mumbled, cuffing his face in her hands. He nodded in response, but patently he was not well. His jaw clenched twice underneath her touch, but she didn't withdraw. Their eyes watched one another, words being transferred between the two mentally.

Behind him, Elaine and Ethan entered through the front door, followed by Tyrone and Jade. Elaine's eyes locked on Alana's body pressed against Hayden's, his tranquil response to her grip on his face charged an energy within her that she couldn't quite entitle.

She only felt her body rush forward, her hand shooting out at Alana, barbarously pushing her back away from Hayden.

Alana hit the floor in arrant awe. Her lips formed a slow 'O', as her eyes narrowed at Elaine. She blinked twice, just before her face malformed in vexation.

"He good, white girl. It's just a swollen lip-" Elaine's words were cut off as Alana pointed a finger up at her, her top lip curled up in aversion.

"Don't you ever touch me!" Her voice was raspy, broken. Tears collected at the brim of her eyes but she wouldn't allow them to fall in front of Elaine. Elaine would enjoy that, seeing her cry.

Alana's eyes shifted to Hayden's image as he bit back his swollen lip and kneeled in front of her, holding his hands out to her. She didn't display reluctance, she had gotten over the antsy emotion crawling about her where Hayden was concerned. It felt right when she slid her hands in his and allowed him to pull her body up against his.

Elaine let out a bitter laugh from behind, as Jade exhaled a heavy sigh and shook her head.

She approached Alana, pushing the hair from her eyes, giving her a sad smile. "Still sexy, though." Jade grinned as Alana's face broke out in amusement.

Suddenly, Crystal appeared from the kitchen with oven mittens over her hands, an apron around her waist. She watched as Hayden and Alana took a seat at the bottom of the grand stairs and then her gaze fell on a clearly agitated Elaine.

"What's going on in here?" She challenged.

Jade raised a hand as if she was in class, volunteering to answer a question. "Elaine can't seem to keep her hands to herself when it comes to Alana."

Crystal raised a brow, staring at Elaine. "Is that true?" Crossing her arms over her chest, she glanced at Tyrone as he stood up and excused himself from the room. He disappeared into the kitchen but most likely he was going to sit in Crystal's forbidden dining room.

Alana held her breath and for a moment, she couldn't move. Of course it made sense that Tyrone would feel some sort of anger with her, now. He didn't deserve to be played with, and she was offering to him something that she wasn't completely capable of giving; her heart. For one reason. Hayden.

"I mean, yea. She's all in Hayden's face like she hasn't seen a swollen lip before. Everybody knows her dad used to beat 'er ass everyday. I know she's gotten a few swollen lips from him. Come on now." Elaine spits.

It was Alana's turn to take some form of action. With one hand, she pushed up and away from Hayden, then with that same hand she slapped Elaine. Through that hand, she permitted all the anger and frustration she'd ever felt with her father surface. Through that hand, the pain of her mother's death was then transmitted through Elaine's face.

Elaine stumbled, but she was smug, still. Holding her face, she looked back to Alana and grinned. "Oh shit," she giggled. "She gets mad."

She was asked to leave. Crystal wouldn't tolerate violence inside the house, despite the fight the group had clearly just involved in.