ENG|HIN🆕rewritten- 7|| MAJESTIC MATCH

CHAPTER 7
MAJESTIC MATCH
________________________

On Tia's insistence, they had only two low-key pre-wedding functions, Haldi & Mehendi. All the functions took place with her face covered with a veil.

The palace was decorated with everything in red and gold. The whole city was in a celebratory mood as it was their Yuvraj's wedding.

Arjun's Haldi took place in the morning while Tia's was at night. And the next morning was her Mehendi ceremony to adorn her hands and feet with intricate henna designs, preparing her for the royal wedding at night.

Dressed in exquisitely crafted lehenga and regal jewelleries, she was ready to become Arjun's Rani

But being a Rani wasn't her main concern

But being a Rani wasn't her main concern. Her main concern was having a family, which she didn't have at the moment.

As soon as the beauticians and stylists left the room, she felt lonely. She looked around the empty room and then at herself in the mirror. There was no one by her side. No parents, no siblings, no relatives to walk by her side before she stepped into a new life. She was alone.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a subtle knock on the half-open door. She spun around to find Praneet grinning at her.

"Hayye! You are looking so gorgeous," he studied her from top to bottom, mouth agape.

She gave a feeble smile in return.

"I wish I had kohl to ward off evil eyes. Oh, wait!"

Her feeble smile was converted into a hearty chuckle when he tried to identify the kohl from the huge heap of makeup items. He did find it, with her help though, and applied a small dot of it behind her right ear, like mothers generally do.

"Now..." After keeping the kohl container back on the dressing table, he forwarded an arm, "Shall we?"

When she stared at his offered arm with confusion, he proudly announced, "I, your brother, am here to escort you to marry that idiot friend of mine."

Her eyes immediately glistened with tears, causing him to panic, "No, no, no, no! I am so sorry to call your very-soon-to-be-husband an idiot. I promise, I will never ever call him any names again!"

He held his ears to apologize and she giggled. He was happy to see his attempts at uplifting her mood succeed.

"Now, smile. From now on, it's going to be happiness only!" He said with a smile of assurance.

She nodded emotionally and linked her arm with him as he walked her to the wedding altar where Arjun stood in a golden sherwani with his usual expressionless face.