ENG|HIN🆕rewritten- 5|| LETHAL LIONESS

CHAPTER 5
LETHAL LIONESS
_________________________

Tia woke up from her peaceful slumber and went to the balcony attached to her room which overlooked the entire Goenka estate. 

Stretching her arms out and resting them over the railings, she inhaled the fresh morning air and glanced down at the lawn.

On one side of the lawn, Arjun, Praneet and Uday were chatting over a cup of tea and coffee. She had learnt it to be the trio's daily morning routine. 

At a distance from the trio, Gayatri was strolling with an unknown man of Arjun's age. She was giggling to her heart's content and he was lovingly watching her do so.

Tia watched them for a while and then went back into the room.

By the time Tia reached downstairs, everyone was already settled in the dining hall for breakfast. 

But today, the empty seat between Gayatri and Praneet was occupied. Even though she was facing the backs of Gayatri, Praneet and the unknown man, she had recognized him to the same person with whom Gayatri was strolling in the lawn.

Tia panicked. She wanted to run back to her room but Uday had already acknowledged her presence.

"Tia beta, we were waiting for you only."

She tried to form a smile but her lips betrayed her. With small steps, she rounded the table and came face-to-face with the new joinee.

"Tia, this is my future son-in-law, Jai. Rana Jai Pratap Chauhan," Uday proudly introduced to which Jai grinned while Gayatri blushed.

She didn't realize when had Arjun left his seat to hold hers until he nudged her to bring her back to reality. He raised his eyebrows, questioning her about her sudden zone out.

"Sorry," she muttered and took a deep breath. "Saath-sri-akal," she gave Jai a closed-lip smile, taking her seat.

"Saath…" Jai paused when realization dawned upon him, "How did you know that I am Punjabi?" 

His question made her realize that everyone was staring at her in confusion.

"By...all these food," she quickly answered, swaying her hand at all the Punjabi delicacies like- Aloo Paratha, Paneer Masala, Dal Makhani and Lassi, served alongside the Rajasthani delicacies.

"Oh…" Jai believed her and continued his introduction, "By the way, I am your to-be husband, Yuvraj Arjun's childhood friend as well. I know all his dark secrets! If you want to know anything about him, you can ask me." He pretended to be whispering to her, which made everyone laugh.

She nodded with a fake smile. Soon she sensed Arjun's eyes on her. She turned towards him and as she had presumed, he was staring at her intently.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Have you... Have you fallen in love with me?" She whispered sarcastically.

He was quick to change his gaze from her to the meal served on his plate. 

But he had found enough reason to arouse curiosity in his mind.