Captain

Nathan's Pov.

I pull out my knives. I'm ready to fight. I watch as the creatures pull the hatch open. Then I jump out.

I had my knife to someone's throat ready to slice it open when I see a black dog come barreling towards me.

It stops at my feet and starts rubbing on me. I let go of the guy and I shove him away from me.

I drop my knives and I fall to my knees. "Captain?!" I whisper while rubbing his ears.

He licks my face in response. "I missed you so much." I smile at him. I then stand up.

"Who are you?" I ask while pointing at the could be leader. "Tyler, me and my unit have come to rescue you and what remains of your unit." Tyler explains.

I give them a stern look and I say "Don't hurt them they have been hurt enough already."

"We won't hurt them." Tyler says. I watch closely as Tyler and some other dude go down into the bunker.

They first send up Cole then Brantley then last but not least Luke. I watch as they carefully help the guys.

Then I decide it's time to pipe up. "Be careful with Luke I had to dig a bullet out of his left leg." I tell them.

They nod in response. I watch as the two men helping Luke move a bit so they are supporting him better.

Brantley just stands there he doesn't need support but Cole does, and of course no one supports him.

I rush over to him and I grab his arm and I put it over my shoulders. He leans into me using my body to support his.

"Captain heel!" Someone commands. I mentally scoff. Like he'd listen to this person. "Captain heel!" I command and like a shot he's at my side.

I try to hide my smirk but I don't think it worked well cause the guy that tried to make Captain heel angrily grumbled something.

"Captain take us home." I tell Captain and he starts sniffing then walking away.

After a while I feel something wet on my arm so I wipe it off with my hand. But when I look at my hand I can't see it cause the moon is being blocked out by the trees.

So I just wipe the substance on my shirt. After awhile I feel tired. And I know the guys and too.

We are injured yet these new guys think we can walk all of those miles in a day! We can't walk all of those miles! Luke especially can't, Brantley could but he should rest, Cole might be able to but he'd need to rest every few miles, and me I have shrapnel woulds all over my front some in my legs so it hurts a lot to walk.

I'm stopping no way are they gonna make my unit suffer. I stop walking and so does Cole and Brantley.

This is the perfect place to set up camp! I help Cole over to a log to sit on. "Hey what are you guys doing?" Tyler shouts.

So much for being quiet. "We need to rest. We can't walk all of those miles in a day we are injured!" I tell him. But I don't shout like he did. He then storms over to me.

"Fine we will rest for a while then we will continue walking!" Tyler snarls. "We are stopping here! I will not risk hurting my unit more then you already have!" I tell him.

The Tyler guy was know fuming. Then he did something unexpected. He slapped me in the face. I could feel his nails dig into my skin. He them took his hand away.