No More Friends

He stopped right in front of Alex! He was the last male all the others found their mates.

Well now I'm truly alone. No more friends. This is it I have no more friends.

I walk away from them all, I want to get away, I want to go home. So I walk to my locker and I hear Alex yelling my name. I turn around to see her and her mate running to catch up to me.

"Zayne this is..." She stops waiting for me to say my name. "Nathaniel but you can call me Nathan." I say while reaching out my hand for him to shake it.

He grabs it and I pull him down to my level and say. "Hurt Alex and believe me you'll regret ever meeting me." I say before letting go of his hand. "I wouldn't dream of hurting her. I'll protect her with my life." He said. I looked into his eyes he seemed genuine. I then looked away.

I then looked back at him he wasn't attacking me so I'm fine. I nodded at them before walking away.

Soon in about a week Alex was wearing pink and had a mark on her neck.

The rest of the month went by in a blur I got my cast off and I could use my arm. I signed up for softball and I started practicing.

I soon got used to it again then it was no more school for the humans but their mates still had school though.

I can feel dads ghost with me always, I think he's watching over me. Occasionally he visits me in my dreams. But that's about it.

We had softball practice today it went well all eleven girls from last year where there again plus me that's twelve.

Everyone got better they could use some of their mates strength though, so I have to up my game some.

We had to run the fence to the end and back. I jogged the first bit to the end then I kicked it to partial speed and passed everyone and I finished first.

We then did some hitting practice. Along with some other things. I taught some signals to them for when I will throw down to second or third.

Our games are on Tuesdays and practice is on Thursdays.

Today we had our first game. We where in the lead 10 to 4. I was catching the second game Alex was catching the first. It was know the second game.

The batter just hit a pop fly right behind me I got under it a had my glove out ready to catch it. It fell right into my glove I squeezed it and pulled my other hand out and put it on my glove to prevent the ball from falling out.

We won! We won both games! We lined up and said "good game" while giving them a high five.

"Good job Nathan you where like a wall back there." Kristin my coach said. "Thanks I guess I did good tonight." I replied.

Three months later. (Sorry if this is going to fast)

Today was our last game. I turned 18 July 10 and know it was July 31. I signed up for the Marines right on my birthday I would go to base to train August 2.

While I was batting I heard someone well more like two someones growl "MINE" but it was barely audible. So I could be mistaken I hope I was mistaken I was the only one playing who didn't have a mate. Maybe it was for some unmated person in the crowd. I can only hope.

Now it was the last inning. We had to get one more out to win if they didn't score one more run. Bailey pitched the ball and the batter bunted it. I grabbed the ball and ran over to the line where the runner would run. I planted my feet into the dirt and braced myself for impact. I shoved her to ground hard, I still had the ball so yes it was an out.