We Are...

"Well we are a human." Subconscious says. "But why did you tell me that story?" I snarl.
"Because it's similar to your story. And my name is Not Subconscious." Not Subconscious says.

"At least I'm not a supernatural." I sigh.

Then I drift off to a peaceful sleep. "Please Nathan please just wake up." A voice begs waking me up out of my dreamless sleep.

"Please just open your eyes please." The voice begs. I struggle to open my eyes but just as I started to give up they opened.

The light was blinding so I quickly shut them again. This time I slowly opened them giving my eyes time to adapt to the light and my surroundings.

I then see Cole holding my hand crying quietly. "Co-Cole I'm fine." I finally manage to get it out.

He then looks up. "You're alright!" He yells. "Everyone come quick Nathan's awake!" He yells even louder.

I hear loud footsteps coming from the hall then the door bursts open. And in comes eight panting guys and one dog.

I laugh at them they look so hilarious right know. "What's so funny?!" Koren asks.

"Nothing, nothing is funny at all." I state. Trying my hardest not to laugh.

Then Captain jumped up on the bad and started licking my face. "Captain stop I can't see." I laugh as he licks all over my face.

He immediately stops when I say that. And he just lies down on my chest.

"It's good to see you alive and well." Luke says so professionally but I can tell he has been worrying just as much as the others maybe even more.

(Ten months later)

I have recovered enough that the medic said I can go and fight with the others.

More people have came and went through our camp. We have beat the enemies back into their own land a good one hundred miles or so. We claimed whatever land they couldn't defend well enough which ended up being one hundred miles.

They have a lot less land now. I think we might just win this war!

At the moment me and the guys are scouting out some of our new claimed land.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"AMBUSH GET TO COVER!!" Luke yells before he is shot. I grab him before he can hit the ground. And more gun shots follow.

I run for cover dragging Luke with me and we hide behind a huge rock that leads into a cave. I aim my rifle and look through the scope.

I see no visible enemies in the bottom of the valley this must mean they are higher up somewhere. And we are in the bottom of the valley.

We are trapped! Shit! We are all gonna die!

Crap! Luke is gonna bleed out because they didn't aim properly. Even though none of us will make it out alive doesn't mean I can't try to help Luke.

I rip off some of my shirt and I start tying it around his shoulder. It stops some of the bleeding but not all of it.

I look around me. I only see Cole and Brantley they look injured. With their injuries I'm shocked they made it into the cave.I look around for the others but all I see is... their bodies.

NO!NO!NO! They can't be dead.

"I will avenge you all. I promise." I whisper. I aim my gun and look around the top of the valley walls.

I see movement and I fire. It stops moving. And three gunshots follow I duck down and get back behind the cave wall.

BOOM! I watch as shrapnel flies and a rock blows up. BOOM! A tree blows up. The dry grass starts on fire.