Alternate Ending Pt.6

Two Days Later
Luke's Pov.

What the hell did I just watch? There was Nathan tied to a chair, in a dress, clearly beaten, and being held for ransom. How did her mates let this happen? Some mates they are.

"We have to do something. We can't just leave her to the mercy of our enemies." Cole is the first to speak after watching that horrendous video.

"What can we do?" "We're still on medical leave. We can vanish for a few days, rescue her, and come back." I explain.

"But where is she? That white room had no windows, nothing to tell us where she is." Brantley's right.

"Let's watch it again, there has to be something that will tip us off to where she is." I grimace as I click the replay button and the horrors replay before our eyes.

"Pause it. Look at the man's arm, he has a broken tree tattooed on his left arm. Who do we know that brands their soldiers with broken trees?" Cole asks.

"The Brakes." "And the Brakes have their base only about 200 miles from here. That is how far we've driven them back, right?" "Yes, 200 miles."

"Well boys, it looks like we have one more mission. Are you up for it?" I get two hoorahs in response.

Hang on Nathan we're coming for you. We may have left you once, but never again. I made a mistake in leaving you, I'm not doing it again.

The Narrator's Pov.

Luke, Brantley, and Cole start to plan their break in. Meanwhile the werewolf kings are losing their minds.

"Where is she?!" Axel screams in Thorn's mind.

For the last two days Zach and Axel have been driving their humans crazy with how much the scream about where is Nathan.

"You know as well as I do that we don't know where she is." Thorn responds with frustration. Two days of having the best of the best go over the video and they knew nothing.

"Do you feel her pain? They're beating her again." Axel hisses at Thorn. Thorn winces as he feels her pain run through his body.

"We're going to have to give in to their demands." Thorin announces with anguish when he enters the room.

"You're right. But who becomes king when we relinquish the crowns?" The two had no relatives besides Grandma and she already ruled.

"I don't know, but we have to get Nate back. Zach's driving me crazy with how much he asks about where she is." "And when she gets back she's never leaving our sight. One of us will always be watching or with her."

The two kings continue to discuss their wolves driving them crazy. Once the wolf crazy discussion is over they start to talk about tracking down Nathan.

"We're going to have to track her down ourselves. I just don't know where to start." Thorin tells his brother. "We'll start with where they kidnapped her from and we'll track them from there." But how would they do that?

Meanwhile, Nathan is coming up with her own plan. She reaches her right hand down as far as the ropes allow then she raises her right leg as high as the ropes allow.

She stretches her fingers, trying to reach her pocket knife. The kidnappers never thought to check if she had weapons. What dress has pockets anyway?

"Damn! My fingers are too short." She curses under her breath. She sets her leg back down and rests her arm. At the rate her escape plan is going she'll never get out before the week is up.

In the two days she's been there cameraman has came and given her the promised water. And the third man came in and beat her for the thrill of it.

That's all the human contact she's had. Sitting alone in a white room will start to mess with your mind. Ultimately screwing over your sanity.

"Adira, why does this hurt more than the shrapnel?" "You're not protecting anyone here, there's nothing to keep you distracted from the pain. That and I'm not healing you at all."

Nathan's Pov.

As I sit here in pain, I think of home. Back before the werewolves became known to the world. Back when Kelly, Katie, Alex, and I were just kids. Those were the good ole days.

We all used to be so young and full of life. Us four did everything together. We were the bestest of friends.

But look at us now, those three mates to shitty werewolves and me being held hostage because I'm mates with the werewolf kings.

I miss the good ole days. But those days are dead and gone as I likely will be too.

I wonder now, will I die in five days without ever seeing my friends or men again? I highly doubt Thorin and Thorn will really relinquish their crowns. So I probably will die in five days, without ever seeing my men or my dog or my friends.

"Don't think like that! You forget I have a plan on how to escape." Adira pulls me out of my sad slump.

"When are we going to escape? If they keep beating me like this, I'll be too weak for anything." "What happened to tough ass Nathan?"

"She got kidnapped and beaten." I snarl back at her. "And?" This damn bird I swear.

"Nathan, you're strong as hell! Don't give in to these dirt bags. Don't let them fucking win!" She's right. I can't just give in to these dirt bags. I can't let them win.

All of a sudden the door opens and in walks spit in the eye guy. "Our plan starts now! Distract him for a minute then I'll take over from there."