Alternate Ending Pt.1

Because @AmandaTaylor291 made a request for an alternate ending because the ending you just read was really sad, I have decided to write this ending. It's going to take place after the four were rescued by Ely but before the bomb that killed Nathan goes off. I also haven't written in this style since 2018, it is now 2022. Meaning my style of writing has changed so the story might read differently. Anyway I hope you enjoy!

Nathan's Pov.
"And never call Captain a mutt again, you hear?" I ask with anger. "I don't listen to commands from weak little humans." He mocks.

Captain starts whining and pulling on my shirt. "What's wrong Captain?" I ask him.

He keeps pulling on my shirt. "Run fast there's a bomb about to go off." I yell.

Everyone rushes to get Cole, Luke, Brantley, and I. "Leave me, get the guys and Captain out of here now!" I command.

And they listen. One grabs Captain's leash. Two others grab Cole and Luke. While another grabs Brantley and I watch as he starts struggling trying to get to to me, but the man just grips him harder.

I grab a stick and use it to stand up. "Fly you fools!" I yell at them as I start running well more of hobbling. They listen and they all start running in the opposite direction of the bomb.

Boom! "Ah!" One of the werewolf soldiers screams from behind me. I turn my head over my shoulder and watch as he collapses. I turn back and grab him by the arm, dragging him with me.

Since the bomb went off, the werewolf soldiers stop running. I drag the injured wolf to them. "Hold still soldier, I'm going to dig the shrapnel out so you can heal." Tyler says while taking the wolf from me.

I watch in awe as Tyler acts actually not like a jack ass. "Nathan, come over here." Luke says. I walk over to him and usher the wolf who was holding him away.

"Thank you." "Anything for my brothers." I watch as an unhappy look crosses his face when I say brothers.

"He likes you!" Not subconscious laughs at me. "No he doesn't. He probably just shifted his body which hurt his leg. That's why he looked unhappy." He doesn't like me, not subconscious is just crazy.

All of a sudden a wave of dizziness goes through me. I refuse to say anything about it. My boys need help more than I do.

"Nathan you don't look good. Are you okay?" Luke asks. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I lie.

But as we stand there watching Tyler tend to the shrapnel filled wolf I continue getting dizzier. Till I finally collapse.

"Hold on Nathan. We'll get you help!" Cole yells as I feel someone pick me up.

Time Skip To When They're All Back At Camp

Luke's Pov.

"I didn't think we'd be back here so soon." Cole says as we wait for doctors to come get us. Nathan's wounds were pretty bad so she is in surgery. It's taking a long time though. We've already been stitched up.

"I'm worried about her. The doctors said she's filled with so much shrapnel that they're shocked she didn't die already." I tell them as
I sit in one of those crappy hospital chairs.

"We're worried too. She's like our little sister." Brantley says as he pets Captain's head. "This is all my fault. It's my job as leader to keep you all safe and I failed." I say before burying my face in my hands. "I'm a failure. I should be the one filled with shrapnel not her."

All of a sudden I feel a hand on my left shoulder. I uncover my face and look to my left. "Luke, you're not a failure and this isn't your fault." Cole tells me.

I take a deep breath and nod. I'm showing too much weakness. I'm supposed to be the strong, stoic leader not a weak one.

I take another deep breath before a stoic expression covers my face. I have to be strong for my brothers.

Thorin's Pov.
"Mate is hurt!" Zach whines. "What? Again?" I ask him. She can't be hurt again, she just recovered from the last time.

"Thorin! Nathan's hurt!" Thorn says as he enters my room looking worried. "We have to do something about this. Zach is driving me crazy with how often he tells me to track her down and bring her home."

"I know, Axel is the same way. But we just don't have the time to track her down because of how swamped we are with our kingly duties." What he says makes sense.

"Mate talked about dog tags in her letter to us. So look her up in the military records on your computer." My wolf finally tells me after Thorn and I sit in silence for who knows how long.

"That's it, we'll look her up in the military date base." I say as I stand up from the edge of my bed. Thorn grins at me before leaving my room.

I follow him to the business room. Thorn sat in the swivel chair and started to type in the password to get into the computer.

It took a few clicks but eventually the military data base was pulled up. Thorn quickly typed her name in and a picture of her popped up.

"I don't like her haircut. I like she better with long hair." "Same brother."

Thorn clicks into her file and my eyes can't help but go wide at the sight of so many paragraphs.

"Now we know why we felt so much pain. Her bullet proof vest was faulty and broke, tearing a hole in her stomach. Then she was almost ripped apart by werewolves and they broke her leg. Then she was filled with shrapnel from saving her men and... right now she is in surgery." Thorn says with distress in his voice.

"Then this is the perfect time to medically discharge her. She's been through so much already, I don't want her to keep being in the line of danger." I explain.

"Then once she's discharged we can keep her with us forever." My brother grins back at me. "Perfect. Make the call, I want our mate home with us." I tell him, Zach purrs in agreement with having our mate home with us.

In a few short seconds Thorn is talking to the head of the marines. Thirty seconds later he grins at me and gives me a thumbs up. He ends the call and gives me an even bigger grin.

"As soon as mate's surgery is over and she's cleared to leave the hospital she is being flown straight home to us. Out mates coming home brother."