Chapter 28

Exiting out of the gym, I’m still holding on to Liana’s hand. We walk a bit faster because of people standing near the gym and around the perimeter. We continue to head further into the school grounds. The interior of the school is locked during these hours, but then I notice the fountain near the courtyard.

Minute later, we reach to the center of the courtyard, a small fountain but around it are wooden benches circling the fountain.

“Why are we in the courtyard?”

“Like I said, a place more secured.” Looking around to spot no one is here; or no one can hear us. I then sit down on one of the benches. I look at Liana and signal her it’s okay if she wants to sit. She agrees and sits right next to me.

“Okay, so what is so important?” She questions.

“I don’t want to threaten you.” I say.

“What you mean ‘threaten’ me?” she ponders.

I look at the fountain to see the water, and then a nice reflective shot of the full moon. The crisp smooth water flowing in a peaceful way; rethinking about the promise I made to Mal. Since he is gone, I feel I need another one who can be by my side. The so-called kiss can be attempted another time. Right now is a matter of knowledge. It is time Liana gets the truth I been keeping by myself.

“You’re ready.” I say.

“Why am I ready because I do not know why I’m here?” She continues, “Caden, tell me this important news because I thought we are here just for the dance.”

“Keep in mind; I don’t want you to be in fear of me.” I say.

“What…” She tries to continue to talk, but I soon place my left pointer finger on her lips to allow her to keep listening to me.

“Just listen.” I continue, “I been keeping this secret away from you and others here for months.”

“Caden, you’re freaking me out.”

Realizing now or never, I think it’s time. “I’m a Devos.”

She reacts baffled. “A Devos?” She continues, “What is this Devos?”

Understanding this part is even harder to tell. However, she knews about the word now for the meaning. “It’s a rare half-human, half-demon.”

“Wait, I’m sorry did you say demon.” She says fremd.

“Yes, I’m a demon.” I say finally saying that way.

However, she still reacts uncertainly about me being a demon. She does not look intrigued, but instead is confused. I think telling her is not enough to convince her. I need to show her. Feeling I might have more than enough control of my summoning, I open up my right hand and then focusing on what I need to focus. I notice the black vine marks are spreading through my arm.

Quickly looking at Liana, she suddenly widens her eyes what could be a sign of horror. However, I look back at my hand as I summon a fireball. The bluish black flames start flickering like a flame on a candle. I then hear her gasps and reacts shockingly; she quickly gets up from the wooden bench and steps back.

“It’s okay!” I yell trying to make her calm.

“How is that okay!?” She shouts, “You have fire coming out of your…your hand!”

“See.” I say as I then open up my left hand and then I summon up a fireball coming out of my left hand. I turn to see Liana’s reaction; and her reaction can only be the type I was not expecting.

“What are you?” She asks totally confused and almost frustrated.

“I told you I’m a Devos.” I continue, “I’m this rare hybrid that other demons are after me.”