Chapter 23

Quite surprised by my arrival, Nick looked like he was on a search for something in my room. I want to know is why he is in my room the first place, and where is my mom. I really do not want to talk to Nick. I always have my doubts about the guy, and I guess my doubts grow due to his mysterious appearance in my room.

“Nick?!” I say.

“Caden, I thought you had to go study. Your mother told me you were doing that, but it seems you came back here early.” He says.

“Well, I needed to talk to my mom.” I say.

“Too late.” He states

“Where is she?” I soon ask as I ponder about his last statement about being too late. Too late for what? Something happened to her? Did Asmodeus arrive here before me?

“Anne had to go to the hospital.” He continues, “She told me she’ll be backing home about 10pm.”

I looked at my watch; noticing it is 3:40 pm. So I guess I will be myself in this house for a while, but I soon think about Liana. Realized that my mom is safe at her job, I focus my attention to Liana. I need to check on her safety and see is okay. However, there is still one lagging mystery lurking in my mind. And that is the reason of why Nick was in my room.

“I saw you leaving my room.” I continue, “Is there something in there that caught your attention.”

Nick hesitates a bit before giving me an answer, but I can see his mouth pouting a bit. He then sits down on the living room sofa. Pressing his back onto the cushion. He then looks back at me.

“It was nothing.” He responds.

“Nothing!” I state loudly. He was in my room and nothing was his response. This man is making me want to believe he is a demon in disguise.  But he is?

“Caden, I know you have your questions on why I was here.” He stands up on his feet and approaches to the front door. “If you think I invaded your privacy, I’m truly sorry.” He is about to open the door.

In all likelihood, he was invading my privacy. He had no right being in my room; just another reason why I do not trust him being with my mother. Is he a demon working for Asmodeus? Was his mission to try to find something on me and report it to Asmodeus? I want to see if this guy is a demon, but I will let him go this time. I have no clue what could be in my room that would intrigue him to go in there. If my father’s journal was still in there, I would be definitely be worry, but something about Nick is questioning his loyalty. Does he have loyalty to my mother or to Asmodeus?

As he opens the door, Nick looks at me, “I’m sorry, Caden. Tell your mom I will see her soon.” He says as he leaves. I quickly rush to the door and slam it shut. I have my doubts about that guy; I do not trust at him. Even if he is not a demon, his reasoning for being in my room still is odd.

I walk back into the my room to check to see if anything around my bed, my desk, and near my dresser and closet are in the same spot I left it. Surveying the room twice, I kneel down to the floor to check below under the bed. I pull the cover up a bit to see the dark area, but I only see my shoes. I rise up back to my feet and sit down on the edge of the bed. I ponder on what is in here that would let someone check. The journal would be my number answer, but I have not seen that thing in months.

While thinking about the journal and where would it be, I start to rethink about Liana. Not wanting to forget about her safety, I quickly stand back up and walk hastily to the front door. I open the door and head out to the porch; I close the door and lock it up.

Wondering where Liana could be, I get out my cell and text Liana to see where she is. I sit down on the top of the porch step. As I wait for her text, I look up at the sky to see the moving clouds. I kind of see this spot as peaceful.