Chapter 12

Opening one of the clear doors grabbing the white handle and pushing it forward, I start to walk out of the foyer area of the library onto the curved archway leading to the center of the building. There waiting with full patience is the cab driver and just nearby Megan is already walking towards the cab holding onto a cup of her coca latte.

I know that to me that this date is just a distraction only to complete the first trial. I still got this ‘the internal struggle will endanger both halves’ creeping into my mind. Maybe, my human side and my demonic side are like yin and yang. It needs balance. Syril told me those demonic hellions who are after me want that unbalance. The real question is why. The prophecy did its best to tell me what I need to know, but it did not tell what I should do.

Looking at Megan, I realize I need to make it up to her. She dressed for the occasion and for me to treat her like this seems wrong a bit. Hopefully, I can make it up to her by taking her to that French restaurant she alluded about.

“Hey Megan, sorry about this, but I had to see something that was important for ‘my project’.”

“That is fine. I just pray that this wasn't the date.”

“No it’s not. If it’s okay, we can go to that French restaurant, the Oasiso.”

She giggles showing a grin, “It’s actually L’Oasis.” She corrects the name.

“Well like you said. You ready.”

“Like I ever been.” She zips the last bit of her latte and throws it at the trash can nearby the Pedestrian crossing sign just a couple of feet away. After she finished it, I open up the back passenger door from the left side; she enters in the car and I soon follow.                                                                          ***

The cab pulls up to the restaurant. I’m able to view the new place where the sign hanging above the arch roof show the French colors and a fleur-du-lis sign; the building overall looks like a rustic French village.

 As we left the cab, Megan and I enter into the interior where the maitre d' is waiting for us. The man wearing a tight black tuxedo outfit and I could see him also wearing a red fabric around his waist. He looks at us grabbing two of the menus, and sees me with his beading eyes glaring at us.

“Welcome to L’Oasis. Follow me to your table.” In an accurate French accent, he takes us to our table right in middle. I quickly pull out the chair to allow Megan to sit.  I then sit down myself on the other side. I glance at her as she continues to smile glowing just because she made it here.

I wonder if she been here before. Understanding this place is like one of those grandeur spots rich people like to go to; does her father come here more often. If he would, the maitre d’ would have remembered Megan by her name. The maitre d’ mentions what we want to drink and then Megan tells him, “An iced tea.” He looks over to me where I respond, “A coke.” He nods and walks away to get the drinks.

Before long, one of the waiters comes along to see if we are ready to order. I look at my menu sheet to see what to choose and I think.

“You chose something?” I ask.

“Yes I did.” She looks up to the waiter and elegantly says to him, “I will like to have the spinach salad with the feta and yogurt garlic dressing.”

“Will do, madam.” He replies. After he writes the order, he looks to me. “And for you sir?”

Glancing at the menu sheet, I finally made my decision. “I will like to have the grilled chicken breast with the honey mustard glaze.”