Chapter 6

Did my eyes just deceive me or what? Mr. Parker, who usually been the most shy teacher around here. Always wave hi and bye to numerous students day by day. Amongst the faculty members here in Oakston High, Mr. Parker is very quiet and quite weird in the way he rarely spend time to himself than hangout with the other teachers. He is not one of the favorites, yet he really is not one to say I sort of hate him. He is in the middle.

     And to see his eyes, which were blue just a minute ago, turned pitch black with no color, I cannot even usher in one syllable. I cannot even say anything because I am dumbfounded. Looking at the handle; whatever is left of it is like melted cheese with some ash dust lying on the bottom of the floor. Still in disbelief, that the fireball came from Mr. Parker. How can I describe this?  How I can literate what I am seeing his black eyes and his hand probably on fire holding that ball of fire.

           I swiftly see his face getting serious all of a sudden.

         “Mr. Parker?!” I ask hoping maybe if he still is the Mr. Parker I know or is he an imposter. Just hope he is not an imposter and the real Mr. Parker is being held captive somewhere.

        “Caden, give up before it’s too late.” He says.

    “Listen, I don’t know if you are under something or what, but I should go.” I said trying to reasoning with him.

    “No, stay; I need you to stay. I waited long enough.” He says while starts grinning from ear to ear.

  “Long enough for what?” I ask pondering why.

    “To pretend to be your history teacher. I’m here just for you.” He replies. “You are a very special boy, Caden. My boss will be please.”

   There goes that boss word again. Who is this boss and judging by his reaction and that all this time he was pretending to be a teacher so he could get to me.

     “Is your name Mr. Parker?” I ask wanting to know.

       He smirks off showing that creepy grin again. “No my name is not Mr. Parker. It’s Purson.”

      “Purson, huh?” I quietly whisper to myself. I then focus back to him, “I want to know who you really are? A human can’t just magically make a fireball appear and their eyes turn completely black.”

       “You’re right, Caden.” He says. “I am not a human….I am a demon!”

      Piecing it together, it makes absolutely sense. I cannot believe it. Mal and the others were right.  I’m not sort of a Buffy or Supernatural fan, but more like Swamp People and MTV Challenge fan.

       As I look back at Mr. Par…I mean Purson, he is just standing there still holding that fireball while I continue standing where I am not moving an inch. I may have an idea to get out of the classroom, but Purson could stop me before I even move a muscle.

       “It’s over!” He screams. Then he throws the fireball straight at me.

      I’m thinking what should I do and as the fireball is coming at me with a force of velocity, I do not panic yet I see my best shot to launch myself to the left dropping myself onto the floor as the fireball zooms past where I was originally and hits the wall. The blast leaves some sort of a scorch mark behind. I see that could have been me if I was not that smart enough to lunge to the floor. When I see Purson start walking my way, I’m still on the floor and half to backtrack by forcing my arms to go the opposite way as the momentum is carrying.

      It just like going backwards. Seeing Purson coming closer, I continue going backwards and then trying to make sure he is not coming fast. I distract him by grabbing one leg of a desk chair and force it down to the floor; I then force other desk chairs to the floor trying to block my path so Purson would not pursue me.