Prologue

• Dedicated to Lauren

Two years ago in the dark, sulky, amber woods near the Pontchartrain Bayou, a shady figure with a mystique exterior stand near the edge of the bayou seem to wait for someone. A few hours later, another figure wearing a black overcoat and having a brisk beard arrived later. The figure that has been standing patiently start to talk to the one who have arrived recently.

“So, what is the news, Radnor?” The figure asked.

“My master, we are close to track him.” Radnor quietly replied.

“Good, we are closer than I thought.” He said. “What about the others…are they in place?”

“Yes.” Radnor whispered.

“Good.” The figure stated.

“Asmodeus, my master! I may be blunt, but are you positive that he is the one.” Radnor pondered.

“I sensed the power, Radnor.” Asmodeus responded. “His power is far superior than ours. He is the one.”

“I don’t know.” Radnor said.

“Well make sure of it.” Asmodeus said.

Asmodeus looked up to the midnight sky and glanced upon the florescent moon shined brightly. “He does not know it yet, but he is the answer to our burning questions.”

“Sorry if I’m being impatient my master, but he’s not old enough yet to take control of his powers.”

“In due time, Radnor.” Asmodeus responded confidently in a selfish posture and all-knowing purpose. “He won’t come to us, but we will come to him and everyone who cares about him.”

“So let the mayhem begin.” Radnor wondered.

“Not quite.” Asmodeus looked confident observing the sky.

“I’m sorry, my master?” Radnor questioned.

“Let time plays its course. The moment will come when we need him the most and…” Asmodeus said.

“And if he does not agree with us?” Radnor still questioned his master’s confidence.

“We will kill everyone he loves.” Asmodeus said with authority making sure what they are planning will come ahead.

Radnor seem to smile sinisterly after hearing that and wandered off into the deep shadow of the woods leaving only Asmodeus to stand near the edge of the bayou where he has been standing there for hours.