Taking To Thin Air

***EDITED***

Twilight's P.O.V.

I honestly did not think Hollywood had the guts to ask Sunny - or any girl - on a date...

... and I still don't ever since he told me she asked him out.

Of course, I couldn't say anything negative about his love life being below average when I don't have a dam love life at all...

Anyways, during our walk to our cabin, I kept urging him to tell the rest of his friends - his as in I still feel uncomfortable throwing around that term to my bunk mates - because this is great news for him and them. Hollywood is the first 'Chipmunk' to ever get a date - both in camp and out.

Dam, Dane O'Reilly is gonna be both proud and jealous at the same time. He was the only one who cared about getting that title, and Hollywood - a fifteen-year-old, a younger kid - swoops in and will most likely steal the spotlight. I did feel sorry but I focused more on Hollywood's nervousness.

The minute we arrived at the doorstep of our cabin, the worrisome boy next to me plastered on a fake smile. Due to his many acting lessons throughout his life at the real Hollywood, it looked like a genuine one. If I was unaware about the boatload of anxiety built up inside of him, I would've been absolutely convinced he was excited about his date with Sunny. I wonder if the other 'Chipmunks' will see through his poker face.

Hollywood gripped the doorknob lightly and pushed the wooden door open, walking inside the cabin. I followed him inside and used my foot to pull it shut behind me. I turned my head to see the rest of our cabin just chilling out on their respective bunks, reading, chatting, and such.

I turned my head back to my 'best friend'. The young brunette seemed to be in no rush to tell the his friends the news. Calm, sky blue eyes that weren't clouded with fear, and he was no longer biting his lip, like he'd usually do when he's nervous. So, like the terrible friend I knew I was, I decided to casually spill the beans...

"Hollywood has a date with Sunny at sunset!" I yelled.

Like I said; I'm a terrible, terrible friend.

Everyone scrambled off their beds excitedly, tossing aside their books or games, some nearly falling off their beds. They hopped off their feet and rushed up in front of us. Immediately, they bombarded the both of us with questions. Hollywood's poker face vanished in a second and he gave me an anxious look, eyes widened and mouth hanging open. His look towards me also had a hint of 'why don't you explain since you said it?'. And I did what any other rational almost fifteen-year-old introvert would do.

Walk out of the cabin to leave my so-called best friend to be flooded by my cabin mates.

I sidestepped away from the door to look back at it, a tiny pit of guilt forming in my gut. I pushed that feeling aside with ease. I brought this upon myself, so I should've known my 'friends' would've been eager to find out more about Hollywood's date. But no matter, "What's been done, has been done, and cannot be undone," I silently quoted Trever Milestone's book, A Never In Forever. I know it's not the best line to quote but it made sense by context-

"Midnight!"

Immediately, I perked up. I haven't seen Midnight for a while since she left to confront Leo - I mean Jupiter. Maybe I can just ask her how the 'battle' went. Hopefully she got to the bottom of the problem. Though, I'm positive that she was able to save her friend.

I craned my neck over to where the shout was emitted from, over to my far left. A tall blonde and a younger teenage red-head were standing at the foot of the cabin, their backs facing the Bunny building. Judging by the two girls' straight backs and tensed-up figures, I automatically knew that they seemed like they were in a rush and a secret might've been on the line.