Oops...

***EDITED***

Midnight's P.O.V.

After my little encounter with my best friend from the Story World, I took off towards the cave. As you remember, when I was talking with Twilight, I told him about my cave. Well, not the cave specifically, but about the book inside there.

I twisted in between trees, light on my feet. It's a tricky path there, in a very secluded part of this grand island. A descendant of the author attended a camp on this island called Camp Whispering Lake, where he read the story that brought Anson Miner to 'life'.

Finally, after one last hop over the bushes, my sneakers touched a stone pathway. My lips curled into a smile; I arrived at the mouth of the cave.

The entrance of the cave was open, for it did not need any closure at all. Even if someone did follow me, this was protected by a special kind of Mist. Not like the ones that divided the mortals and immortals. This is a Mist that separates the citizens of the Story World from the people of this universe. It also includes descendants of the author, which included my fellow emo friend, Hades.

I entered the cave and snapped my fingers. A little candle lit up on a vanity and I turned to my reflection. A sigh escaped my lips as my hair colored entirely black and uncurled and my skin returned to its original peachy color. My eyes swirled back to dark brown. In every 'reincarnation', my appearance would change. I once had curly blonde hair and emerald green eyes, back in the 1980s. In around 1473, my hair was brown and curly, I had cocoa skin and blue eyes. I even had red hair that was always a little puffy, along with brown eyes. Honestly, any of those looks seemed better than snow-white curls and pale skin with silver moon eyes.

Jupiter's appearance would occasionally change, but most of the time, he'd look like his true form. Makes sense for a rule-bender...

My gaze fell down to my clothes, and I realized I still had my pink and black clothes. Well, they weren't mine but Sunny's, so they were a bit bigger since she was taller. I look like my sister Aphrodite tried to go goth. She never actually did since she was a princess but I've imagined that every now and then. I do not wanna continue looking like this, especially since these clothes are kinda uncomfortable.

From the rack of cloaks, I grabbed my blue cloak/cape and untied the strings that pulled it together. I tossed it around my shoulders and re-tied it around my neck, watching it unfurl and reach down to my knees. As kids, Hecate and I would love to use cloaks. She'd have capes for everything; fire-resistance, be able to blend in with shadows, the ability to soar above the clouds, or just fashion. I remembered that this cape in particular, I enchanted it to be water-resistance and if I tap the little sapphire on the string, I can become 'invisible'.

In the mean time, I might need some help keeping my cover at camp. And I know just the two who would. I just hope they don't go crazy and force me to go to the nurse or something. But after that zombie incident...

... yeah...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My pace came to a stop as I was just about to cross the invisible border that separated the camp and the forest. I side-stepped behind a tree and tapped my sapphire. I could still see my hand but it's guaranteed that everyone else won't. Once again, not actual magic, just the same Mist trick used ot hide the secrets of the cave. Now the only people I need to avoid are Jupiter and Twilight, since they can see through the Mist.

I carefully began walking towards the cabin, checking from the corner of my eye in case I run into a un-Mist-ed camper. The stone pathway beneath my shoes prevented me from having a completely silent walk, but I was quiet enough to slip past unsuspecting campers.