Meeting The Zombie Counselor

***EDITED***

Lauren's P.O.V.

Midnight dropped Sunny and Hollywood on the grass, the Chipmunk and Bunny cabins rushing to their side. The tired girl attempted to walk away from the crowd but instead collapsed and tripped on her own feet.  She would've fallen on her back if Twilight didn't swoop in to catch her. Then, she was out cold. 

Twilight's eyes were set on Midnight and suddenly clouded with... shock? Confusion? Maybe fear? Whatever it was, it caused him to freeze in his spot; just kneeling on the grass, cradling an unconscious girl in his arms. Although he wasn't around the center of the crowd where Sunny and Hollywood were, he received a handful of suspicious looks from his own cabin.

It took him a quick moment to shake himself out of his frozen state. He looked back to the other chipmunks and said, "Guys, we need to take them to the infirmary. Now!"

C.I.T. Dylan stood up and took action, like a real head counselor would do. And that's saying a lot since he was the one who decided to dump buckets of freezing cold water on the Badger cabin at archery practice last summer .

"Alright, each one of the boys from Chipmunk cabin, grab one of Hollywood's limbs, carefully. We don't want the same thing to happen to him like the stuffed dummy from fire practice." The Chipmunk cabin snickered as they all picked up Hollywood. "Bunny cabin, all together, try to carry Sunny." He looked over to me. "Lauren, your campers might need some help."

I smirked at him as I walked over to the bunnies. "Looks like someone is finally being responsible," I teased as I lifted Sunny up, along with the rest of my cabin. "Especially after last summer's incident."

I expected the boy to chuckle or at least crack a smile. But instead he just looked away with sorrow in his eyes, as if I brought up some horrible memory. Okay technically, it was a pretty bad memory but Dylan and his cabin saved us all in the end and they seemed pretty thrilled about that. But now...

I don't even know.

Dane turned to Twilight, who was still cradling the sleeping girl in his arms, whispering soft words in her ear. The counselor tried to suppress a smile but I saw right through it. He had a plan, and it was probably a mischievious one.

"Hey Twilight!" He called out. The young boy looked up from the girl. "I think you can carry Midnight to the infirmary on your own. Think you can handle it?" Before Twilight could answer, Dylan said, "Good! Now come on!" He picked up Hollywood along with his campers and walked to the infirmary. The Bunny cabin and I did the same with Sunny. 

Since Sunny was pretty light, the Bunny cabin was able to carry her to the infirmary on their own. After they took off, I turned around to find Twilight carrying Midnight in his arms, walking pretty slowly. He seemed fine holding Midnight on his own though. 

"Come on Twilight!" I waved to him. He looked up, a little flustered, and began to pick up his pace. He caught up to me and we walked side by side to the infirmary. "You okay carrying Midnight on your own? I can help you if you need it-" I offered but he cut me off. 

"It's okay," he answered sheepishly, "I'm fine." He looked down at the girl in his arms and gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face. Her face seemed to soften at his touch, which I find rather strange since Midnight didn't really like it when people touched her. "Hopefully she is too," he whispered underneath his breath.

I nodded wordlessly. Then, we walked in silence to the infirmary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been around five or six hours since Midnight passed out after bringing us two sleeping campers. It was around 8:00 p.m., two hours after dinner and all three of them were still passed out on some cots. It was my turn to watch over them in the infirmary and I was sitting on a red plastic chair in the corner of the room, reading over the schedules and new competitions with my green clipboard, twirling a purple pen in my fingers.