False Alarm

***EDITED***

Twilight's P.O.V.

Gods! Dane screams more girly than Brogan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rewind!

As all the other cabins left, I asked the rest of them where Midnight was. But they didn't care and decided to look for the shark in the lake.

The entire time I was 'looking', that girl never left my mind. I don't know why though, there was just something about her that makes me think of her every second of my life. It was very confusing; my books are about death, not romance. It didn't help that I was (nick)named after some cheesy vampire romance movie. 

Without me even knowing, I started wandering away from the crowd and into the forest. It was as if my feet knew where they were going and just lead me away. I could hear the sounds of my cabin's conversations begin to fade away until they were out of earshot. The silence was deafening and eerie, yet welcoming and familiar. It seemed sort of wrong yet something of it felt so right. Very cliche, but my mind was elsewhere.

"Your hair. It's half-black half-white," I heard someone's voice, followed by the sound of echoing footsteps getting further and further away from me. I touched the top of my head, only to realize my hair was covered by my hood. Whoever said that, the comment wasn't directed towards me. Who's hair would be half-black and half-whi...?

Through the leaves of the bushes, I saw a young girl, about fifteen-years-old, in all black holding a compact mirror in front of her. I couldn't see her face though, all I saw was her hair. The mysterious man's description was perfect; the right half of the girl's hair was shoulder-length and as black as midnight; the left half of her hair tumbled down her shoulders, curls as white as snow. 

Though it seems like she's two completely different girls, both sides of her look vaguely familiar, both sides of her beautiful...

Argh! Stop getting distracted.

I watched as the girl put the mirror away, then tucked her hair away in her hood. She kneeled down at the lake and whispered to somthing in the lake. Bubbles erupted from the lake, like something was talking to her. But the only thing beneath the surface was the shark...

Could it be? Is it possible? Was she communicating with the shark? The one that was going to attack camp?

A moment later, the girl stood up and ran back towards camp. As soon as she was a good distance away from here, I walked over to the area of where she was kneeling and crouched down. Once again, nothing was there except bubbles. But unlike last time, I felt the presence of something. Not like when people think someone's watching them. No, I actually felt something was here, underwater. 

Is it possible I could sense the shark's presense? No, I can't do that. The shark is a story, I'm a real-life human. This is probably just my senses playing a trick on me-

"AHHHHHH!" A terrifying screech cut through the air. Gods, that sounds like the painful cries of the Underworld. Is someone getting murdered or something?

Once I got up, I took one last glance at the spot, and ran back to where the rest of my cabin was. And why it sounded like Dane a little girl when he's a teenage boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hollywood's P.O.V.

Dane screamed louder and more girly than Brogan. Everyone flinched and took a step back from the area in the water he was pointing to. All the chipmunks yelped and clustered together. Our C.I.T. and the Bunny counselor jumped back. My grip tightened on Sunny as she squealed a tiny bit.