A World-Jump For Help

***EDITED***

Midnight's P.OV.

As other campers ran away from the lake, I closed my eyes shut tightly. Not because I was scared of the shark. I knew the shark well enough to know it was very harmless, unless someone provoked him to attack. 

Yes, the shark has a name. And a gender. And preferred pronouns.

Anyways, I can only concentrate on returning to my world – my home world – if I block out all noises. Story characters created by the same author are able to mentally communicate with each other when they are nearby. You could also talk to story characters that are back in the story world. You can usually do that in your sleep since it takes a lot of energy, however, I was able to channel enough energy to ask my family for help back in the story world.

Canceling out any noise coming from the outside world, I pressed two of fingers to the side of my forehead and held my other palm out in front of me. In my mind, I didn't hear the campers screaming. All I heard was the sound of dead silence. For a moment, all I saw was pitch black darkness. Then, my surroundings began to lighten up, color filled the empty spaces like a blank canvas being painted with such vivid details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the invisble paintbrush stopped painting, I opened my eyes and found myself standing at the edge of a pool. The crystal clear water was splashing at my sneakers, yet my feet weren't soaking. Olliver must've improved it from the last time I've visited, minusing the fact that the last time I saw Olliver was around two centuries ago...

I looked around at the room; the walls had aquatic animals drawn on them with chalk. The drawings were so specific, as if this person was able to swim right up to an octopus and examine it without the octopus getting scared and swimming away.

I know, since my brother Dan, or as we call him Ares, tried to as a dare and got squirted in the face with octopus ink. I have to say; it was gross, completely sticky or smelly. I only know this because of the one time he walked into the meeting room after one of his sea animal disputes. and decided to hug me, covering me in his icky black goo. So basically saying, Prince Daniel the Bull infected his youngest sibling with squid ink.

Fortunately, this means that one of my siblings has the ability to interact with sea life.

Not even a second later, my eye caught someone sitting at the bottom of the deepest end of the pool. A figure was sitting cross-legged underwater, eyes closed. All he wore were blue swim trunks with a necklace strung around his neck. Without even needing to look closer, I knew it was the bracelet from his coronation. and that the only blue bead that rested on the string had a trident on it with ocean-like swirls. It represented Poseidon, god of sea, the god he was blessed by, which led to his godly title, Poseidon.

I cupped my hands together and called out for my aquatic-loving brother. "Ollie!"

The boy's eyes flew open. One of his Poseidon gifts was being able to see underwater, like how he can breathe underwater for a long time. His gaze fell on me and his lips curled in a smile. He quickly swam over to me and leaned on the side of the pool. I wadded out of the shallow end and sat on the edge next to him.

"Hey Artemis!" Ollie, exclaimed. He was about to pull me into a hug but thought better. It was technically breaking the story rules and no one wants to suffer any of the punishments. But he still seemed surprised to see me, smiling wide.

His ocean blue eyes sparkled with excitement. His messy mop of black hair rested on his head. Both his hair and his skin wasn't even remotely wet. 

His real name and royal title was Prince Olliver the Shark and he was the sixth child of nine in the royal family. Dan, previously mentioned, was the second eldest child but the oldest son.

Written In The Stars ~ A Bunks Fanfic {Original/Partially Rewritten}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें