Super Spy Sunny

***EDITED***

Hollywood's P.O.V.

"Your turn," I replied after moving my knight.

Sunny bit her lip, a sign that shows that she was thinking hard. We were currently outside on one of the craft tables that wasn't occupied by any classes, playing just a friendly game of chess. Chess was a game we'd play whenever we want to settle a bet. We can get real competitive and today was no exception. 

For this game, whoever loses is dared to go up to Midnight and bombard her with questions about her being suspicious. And after seeing that pink punk practically kick Twilight's butt in the archery game, I'm pretty sure everyone is taking her seriously.

"Except after that hug," I muttered to myself.

The girl across from me raised an eyebrow. "Are you thinking about Midnight and Twilight?" 

"No I'm thinking about Zeus and Hera actually getting along after millenniums of arguing," I replied sarcastically. 

"Well, you don't have to be all snappy about it," she commented, moving one of her pawns. "Your turn."

I sighed while continuing with the game. "Twilight and Midnight aren't back yet. It's been half an hour and we haven't heard a word of them."

Instead of responding, Sunny stayed silent. I looked up at her, catching her absent-mindedly twirling a strand of red hair. Knowing her long enough she only does this due to the nervous gears grinding in her brain, it's so obvious she's hiding something. Super Spy Sunny can't hide all her secrets from her best friend! 

But her best friend can hide the secret crush he has on her, my thoughts reminded me. Wait what?

I shook myself before I could get into one of those weird head conversations where multiple versions of you argue at once.To grab S.S.S.'s attention, I had two options; either I snap my fingers right in front of her face while she's still focusing on how she can go around my awesome defense system (as if she could); or I could...

Cue the mishcievious smirk.

Just as I thought of this interesting idea, my best friend moved her pawn diagonal to steal my one of my bishops, her sharp emerald eyes never leaving the board. Not for long though. "Your tur-" 

Before she could finish her sentence, I leaned across the table - not caring that I messed up the board - and pressed my lips against hers. It was only for a split second but it felt like seven minutes in heaven. I quickly sat back in my seat and tried not to make eye contact. My hands began flying all over the board to return the chess pieces to their original places, feeling my face begin to burn with a blush.

Suddenly, my wrist was caught in a death lock. An electrical spark flew up my arm, but a feeling of doubt began to grow in the pit of my stomach. Oh what in the name of Hades have I done? All because I wanted to kill two birds with a single stone but that might've been a mistake...

But instead of a hard slap in the face, the red-head's face melted into a small smile. "I'd say that next time you wanna kiss me just ask, but it wouldn't matter."

"Because you'll punch me so hard that I won't be able to feel my face for the rest of the summer?" I guessed.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm trying to ask you out here," she admitted.

My jaw hung open so much that I could catch a watermelon with my mouth. "Of course!" I exclaimed jumping up from my seat. 

Super Spy Sunny giggled in satisfaction. Bonus points for getting her to giggle, along with my points for the date. "But I feel like you kissed me for some other reason," she said, in a slightly serious tone.

I shrugged. "What other reason would I wanna resort to kiss you?" I smirked.

She raised an eyebrow. "Puh-lease!" She exclaimed, rising up from the wooden bench. "I know you way too well to know you get sappy when you're gonna do two things at once."

I feigned a scoff. "Name one time I've done such a thing."

"Hugging all your family members at your birthday so you can both; a, get out of there quicker; and b, so you can get more 'birthday points'." 

My lips were pursed. That was true; birthday points was part of a thing that all of the company (or companies) would do for their children. Person with the most points are allowed to be an important side character in the next movie. How you get birthday points is by getting side presents, like cash or being treated out for the day.

Huh, we really are competitive.

"Fine," I gave in, sighing for exaggeration. "I wanted to also get your attention because it seemed like you knew something about our best friends that I didn't."

Her expression softened. "You know, you could've just asked me."

"Yeah, but I really wanted to do that." I slapped my hands over my mouth. Why did those words slip out of my mouth?

She placed her hands on her hips. "Well, I can either tell you know and have to put up with your questions...

"... or, I could tell you later on our date."

I smirked. "Well, Cassandra Drake, I hope you like the lake at sunset, 'cause that's where I'm taking you."

A beautiful laugh filled the air around us, belonging to only Sunny. "But of course, Lucas Tenneth," she replied in a mock accent. "I accept your invitation."

My eyes fell back down to the chess board. "Are we still gonna continue the game?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "Nah, I'll clean it up and take it back to my cabin," she decided. "The bet's off, since you ruined the game."

"Hey!" I exclaimed. 

A twig snapped from behind me and we both crooked our heads in that direction. A boy in all black appeared out of the woods, trying to surpress a smile by looking down at his sneakers. 

"Hey Twilight!" I greeted. He looked up in shock, the trace of any smile vanishing. "Where were you?"

"Just taking a walk in the woods," he said. "You two?"

"Just finishing up a chess," Sunny answered quickly, beginning to clean up her board. It was one of those folding ones so she just needed to place the pieces inside and close it up. "But where's Midnight?"

He bit his lip once. "Um, I don't know, I thought she went back to her cabin after the game."

"And the hug," I added smugly. 

His cheeks colored pink slightly. "Shut up, Hollywood!" I heard him mutter.

Suddenly, Sunny appeared to my side, her chess set all cleaned up. "I'll leave you guys some well deserved guy-time," she announced. She turned towards me. "See you at sunset." Then, she kissed my cheek and skipped back to her cabin.

"Look who's got a date at sunset," Twilight chuckled softly. 

I punched him in the shoulder. "Shut up, Twi!"

He shrugged it off as if it were nothing and began walking away. "I'm heading back to the cabin. You should too if you wanna get ready to see your girlfriend at sunset."

I let those words sink in, then rushed after him to the Chipmunk cabin. 

Why did I ask out a girl if I had no idea how to prepare a date? Or prepare for a date?