A Walk In The Woods

***EDITED***

Twilight's P.O.V.

I held onto Midnight as tight as I could, as if my life depended on it. Soon, I felt her arms wrap around me, returning the hug. The awes from the rest of the camp slowly faded away into silence, for the only thing I could think about was not letting Midnight escape from me again.

When I opened my eyes, I realized Midnight and I were the only ones in the arena. My face heated up a little in embarrassment.

"I don't mean to be rude," Midnight said, "but can we stop hugging? It's getting a little awkward."

I pulled back to look at her. Then I remembered what happened last night and quickly pulled my hands away from hers.

She raised an eyebrow. "What was that for?"

I scratched the back of my neck. "Didn't I, um, hurt you last night?" I questioned. "You know, when I held your hand?"

The girl bit her lip. "You didn't," she clarified, "a bug flew into my sleeve from earlier that night and you holding my hand must've aggravated it. I'm wearing the gloves to protect the bandage." She hesitated. "Do you remember anything else from that night?"

I though back but my mind drew a blank. "No, just a weird dream."

"Oh, okay..."

"Well, congrats on winning the archery game," I said. "That was some strategy you concocted."

"Yeah, Sunny found out about my skills earlier this morning, when I was just practicing my archery-gymnastics thing. She then told the rest of the cabin and they decided to use me as some sort of last-minute chance to win kinda thing." She winced slightly but continued. "They also figured you, Hollywood or the Badger cabin would win, so they made me rehearse that awful line."

"Well still, kudos to you, Artemis."

Midnight inhaled sharply. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked cautiously.

She shrugged it off. "Just a nickname I remember my family and old friends gave to me before I was, you know, abandoned," she replied softly, whispering the last word.

A small pit of guilt formed in my stomach. Family is always a touchy subject, but with Midnight, it seemed like she was completely inclusive.

She looked at my face and smiled a bit. "But I guess you could use it, Hades." She playfully shoved my shoulder.

I fake gasped. "Oh no, you've done it!" I said, pretended to be frightened. "Now he will come up from the Underworld to grab you and pull you back down with him! So long, my dear Artemis. So long."

She scoffed. "Better than staying up here on the surface with you, you drama king!" She began to laugh and I quickly joined her.

We ended up stood there in silence in the middle of the field, taking small glances at each other before quickly looking away. Without her noticing, I stared at her outfit. She doesn't seem like the type of girl to wear dresses, though the shirt wasn't a dress.

"Wanna walk around the forest?" Midnight offered looking up into my eyes.

"For what reason?" I asked.

She shrugged. "To figure some things out."

Honestly, I didn't know what she meant. But I nodded in agreement and we fell in step out of the arena and towards the woods.

"Sorry for the whole knocking-you-out-and-running-away-for-no-reason thing," Midnight apologized, a lock of her hair falling in between her eyes.

I chuckled lightly, tucking her hair behind her ear. I watched as her cheeks suddenly became a bit more rosier at my touch. "It's okay," I said. "It was my fault for over-reacting. You must have had a good reason to run."