95 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (13)

"Are you sure he's alive?!" Bao Zemin probed impatiently, literally pulling on the sleeves of his older brother. His brother effortlessly flicked his hands off before turning to glare at the younger male. Only when he saw the icy glare that almost froze him to death did he relent and stopped questioning him.

"I don't appreciate you eavesdropping on me." Bao Ling berated him in an unfriendly tone. After long investigations and searches, he finally found the whereabouts of the man whom everyone believed to have died.

"This is too unreal. Didn't they say was assassinated? How can he be alive?!" Bao Zemin shook his head vigorously as if he heard a lie. He didn't understand why but no one would have expected this to real.

Bao Ling kept silent without further explanation before disappearing from his brother's view. He had no reasons to tell him the truth since the male would probably run his mouth to other people and make matters more complicated than they already were.

Bao Ling returned to his working chambers to retrieve something he needed to go out, wondering how odd the whole situation was.

After all, if he was alive, why hasn't he returned to where his wife and soon to be born child were waiting?

While everyone else was out enjoying the festival, the Demon King was trying to confirm the veracity of his current findings.

A few days earlier, one of his most trusted men sent a letter claiming that he sensed the Prime Minister's spiritual energy but it was so quick that the servant thought he was hallucinating.

Only when it happened a few more times did the servant realize that the Prime Minister was alive somewhere. He searched the areas for anyone, but he simply could not find the man.

Although Bao Ling didn't know his grand uncle-in-law on a personal level, he still knew how much his grand aunt valued her husband.

It was his duty to uncover the truth and save Prime Minister Gu so that Madam Gu wouldn't have to continue an endless revenge.

"If Grand Uncle Gu is alive, then there's no need for revenge." Bao Ling stated to himself before picking up his most hideous mask.

Covering his face with the mask, he secured the strings before teleporting out of the building. Since the Bao estate was far from where most of the people lived, he and his men would either meet inside the forest or the manor.

Teleporting a few mores times, he arrived at his destination where his man awaited for his arrival. The servant also wore a mask as it was a must for those serving in the Bao clan.

"My Lord," The servant was going to bow when the Demon King held his hand up and firmly reminded,

"Don't stand on ceremony."

"Forgive me." The servant whose name was Zhen Kang implored as he began to describe what he experienced in full details.

"As I was completing the mission you gave me, I came upon a strange occurrence. I kept sensing Prime Minister Gu's spiritual energy as stated in the report. However, what confuses me is that his location kept changing each time I sensed it. My Lord, don't you think it's suspicious?" Zhen Kang shared his thoughts. He had never experienced anything else like this before so it was possible, someone else was keeping Prime Minister Gu somewhere.

"Prime Minister Gu was a skilled martial artist. Normal assassins wouldn't have been able to kill him. However..." The Demon King furrowed his brows as the image of the one person who could have possibly been behind this. He only surmised this since there was no enmity between the Prime Minister and that person.

"Furthermore, there's news that He* is planning to mobilize his men. Zhen Kang, I want you to delve deeper into this matter. Tonight, we'll set out to the place where you found his presence."

"You're going too?" Zhen Kang blurted absentmindedly without thinking. It was rare since the Demon King personally disliked going on missions with other people. He always did things without anyone's knowledge and no one questioned his actions.

"I'm sorry." Zhen Kang bit his tongue in shame as he spoke out of turn but his master merely turned around.

"Don't forget, failure is unacceptable."
Bao Ling reminded with his deep voice in a grim way.

Zhen Kang bowed his head down with determination as he regained his poise.
To have the lord lead the mission was an honor. This once in a lifetime experience was something he could only dream of.

*****