32 Qinghai (3)

Mu Ye froze behind Wei as he laid eyes on the friend standing before them.

Wei's friend was a few inches taller and wore a dark blue robe with beautiful gold embroideries on it. His long white hair could clearly be seen as it reflected light off from it. His eyes seemed lifeless but his lips gave a small smile, defining his cheekbones. The man was equally handsome as Wei but he had an air of elegance. Wei was a guard who had been to war, so he gave off manly vibes, but the friend gave off a warm vibe that would attract people and animals alike.

His clothed seemed very expensive and his skin was well taken care of. Seeing a man like this, any woman would envy his looks because he was simply too beautiful.

Of course, Wu Xingxie was different. She didn't freeze because of the man's handsomeness. It was because he was none other than Hu Jiayi!

Wu Xingxie, calm down. You are Mu Ye, a male now. He never met you in the future, so how could he possibly know you?

What confused her was the fact that Wei was a friend of Hu Jiayi. Who in the Buxiu Empire doesn't know that the Hu family only has one Young Master? His family wanted him to get married but they couldn't make him no matter what. There was a rumor that the Young Master was interested in men. He was never seen by outsiders so how could Wei even meet him? And why was he living in a hut in the middle of nowhere?

A sudden thought came to Wu Xingxie.

What if Wei and Hu Jiayi were secret lovers?!

"Wei, who is that behind you?" Hu Jiayi's soft and delicate voice inquired.

Wei remembered that he brought Wu Xingxie but she had taken on a different look so he introduced her as her male form.

"This is Mu Ye, an acquaintance of mine."

Mu Ye stepped out from behind and bowed. This was this first time she had seen him in person and heard his voice.

This was the man who she was going to marry?

He wasn't bad looking and had a powerful family but Wu Xingxie wasn't interested in him. She didn't seem to have interest in men or women except those near her.

"I'm Jiayi. Nice to meet you." The man greeted in a sweet and sincere tone. His smile nearly blinded her.

Seeing him act like this reminded her of how she use to be. The Xingxie who once believed that if she was kind and sincere, then others would treat her the same way.

She was wrong. Everywhere, there are enemies.

That's why this lifetime, she would not act the way she did before.

"Likewise." Mu Ye replied curtly.

"How old are you?" The white haired male began to ask.

"Fifteen." Mu Ye clearly did not want to mingle with him but he wasn't taking hint.

"Wow, you're so young! I'm 21 this year."

Wei had seen the awkwardness in Wu Xingxie and interjected before Jiayi could ask any more questions.

"Friend! We've been traveling for hours, do you have anything to drink?"

Hu Jiayi realized he hadn't invited them in so he quickly apologized.

"My greatest apologies. Please enter."
He guided them inside. Although it was a hut, the place was quite big inside. There was a table and a few chairs. Hu Jiayi let them sit down and quickly went into the kitchen to brew tea.

"Here is some tea to help you relax." He smiled and poured it for Mu Ye before his own friend.

Wei frowned since he was the friend and not Wu Xingxie. Originally he planned on visiting alone but after winning the game of Xiangqi, he tried to get Wu Xingxie to come. He didn't think she would stay true to her words and really do what he asked. She even used her Spirit Animal to send them here faster. He found it cute when she was like this although she could have went back on her words and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Is the tea good?" Hu Jiayi sat next to Mu Ye.

Wei narrowed his eyes as he drank his tea.

He couldn't possibly be interested in Mu Ye right?

"If you need anything, let me know." Hu Jiayi put his hand over Mu Ye's hand, causing him to flinch.

Excuse me sir?

I just met you so please do not touch me!

Wu Xingxie wanted to scold but she didn't want to seem rude.

"Sorry, you're a male and so am I so I feel weird when you're so physical."

Mu Ye spoke, thinking of the rumors that the Hu Young Master liked men was true.

Don't tell me he likes the male Mu Ye?!

Wu Xingxie cringed because she almost married him. Although she was fine with him liking men, at least he should have some decency. She was really a woman so a man showing affection to her male form creeped her out. She didn't even make him handsome so why is this dashing male into Mu Ye?!

*****
Lol Xingxie, you can never change how they feel even by changing your gender.

We made it to 4 on Historical Fiction!!!! Like I am so happy right now so Thank You 🙏.