70 Don't Hide It From Me

Wu Xingxie didn't know if she should laugh or cry seeing as he knew all along. All this time, she thought he was just a guard working in the manor. One day or so, he'd be called in and her bodyguard would change so she didn't try to get to know him that much.

Only because Xuan'er felt comfortable around the man, she made an exception for him.

However, in the end he was aware of the one thing that she wanted to keep hidden.

Wu Xingxie let out a bitter chuckle.
She avoided his eyes as she asked,
"Was it fun? I must've looked like a fool in your eyes."

Wei noticed that she misunderstood him so he quickly wanted to explain himself but she kept speaking.

"How did you know? When we first met, it was just one of my schemes. It had nothing to do with my revenge so tell me, how did you find out?"

The male sighed, seeing as she was asking what he had already expected.

"How I know is not important. I just want to know, how long are you going to play this game of vengeance?" He didn't answer her questions because she would have to find them on her own.

Wu Xingxie heard him say "game of vengeance "which" offended her so she glared at him.

"Game? You think my revenge is a game? Let me tell you, even if I have to out my life on the line, I'll be sure to drag those people down with me!" Wu Xingxie's mood was ruined now that he said it that way. She was actually happy earlier but he had to treat her like a fool so she made a hmph before storming away.

Wei held her back by grabbing her wrists, pulling her close to him. Wu Xingxie bumped into his chest before she heard him speak.

She couldn't even react when his voice was heard in a whisper.

"I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just worried about you. Don't be mad at me, ok?"

Wu Xingxie's body relaxed as she calmed herself down.

Actually, I'm making a big deal out of this. He's only concerned about me.

"Alright! I won't be angry so you can let go." She relented so he let go and the two stood face to face.

"If you know something, don't hide it from me. Otherwise I'll see that you can't be trusted."
Wu Xingxie lightly hit his chest before a faint smile emerged from her lips.

When Wei saw her smile, his face brightened up with joy.

It seems like she's alright now.

He patted her on the shoulder before bowing and excused himself.

"Seeing as you're back to normal, I'll go back to my post."

"Alright, fine. But don't forget what I said." Wu Xingxie reminded as she escorted him out personally.

***
At the same time, a black haired male was standing in the middle of multiple corpses. With a dark colored robe, the blood camouflaged perfectly. He was grinning while looking down at the bodies before walking off. The man emitted an enigmatic aura which made one wonder why he was so cruel and evil.

"Clean this up and stay back."
He ordered his servants who did as told because he was no man to anger.

The man licked the blood that happened to be on his hands sadistically. He casually walked into a building with a bunch of middle aged men sitting about.

They were all laughing and drinking, not noticing him. Of course, it was better that way.

The bloodstained man walked up to the group of men with a smirk. One of them finally took note of him and nearly fell off his chairs.

The man's eyes grew wide before he extended his arm.

"B-B-Black Immortal!" The man pointed towards where he stood.

Soon as his words were heard, the men all turned to the direction with a look of terror evident. Their faces went pale as if they saw a real ghost. Only, this man was no ghost.

"Been a long time hasn't it?" The smirking man asked with deeper meaning.

"W-What do you want?" Another one of the middle aged men stuttered while his entire body shook in utter fear.

How did he find this place? And What happened to the guards outside?!

All the men had the same thoughts but were too scared to say anything as it would offend the man standing before them.

"Let's see, how about you give me the "treasure"?" He emphasized the last word since they all knew what it meant.

The older men paled even more as they nervously glanced back and forth to one another. There was absolutely no way they could give it to that mad man. Handing it over to him would mean chaos and destruction!

*****
Fun fact about me: I two small scars on my stomach.